Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Delayed Activity Zone Recording

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jb280
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Pro2 and Pro4 cameras.  One of each camera are pointed down a driveway. One connected to a base station, on on my Wifi. Both are on my Arlo Secure subscription.  When a car or a  person comes down the drive way.

The recoding starts at last 3rd-4th of the activity zone, missing a lot potential activity and information that is not being recording. 

Is there any way start the recordings earlier?

My previous  (another brand, and older ) cameras did not have this issue. 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The PIR sensors in the cameras have a spec'd range of about 25 feet.  Though they often will pick up vehicles from further away.

They are more sensitive to motion across the field of view (not straight towards the camera), and they are more sensitive to motion at the bottom of the field of view than the top.  Note you can invert the camera (and set the invert control in the settings).

You could try

1. increasing the motion sensitivity
  2. repositioning the cameras with the above guidelines in mind.  
  3. providing AC power to one of the cameras.  That will enable the foresight feature.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062053/How-does-the-Foresight-feature-work-on-my-Arlo-camera
jb280
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.

Really bad  that 

• Foresight will not work with an Arlo Solar Panel Charger.

As the beauty of Arlo is you don't need to run wires.

Any chance that can be added/fixed   in a later update?

I may try inverting the camera and see if that  helps. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jb280 wrote:

Any chance that can be added/fixed in a later update?

I don't work for Arlo, but I doubt it. 

Foresight (sometimes called preroll) requires the cameras to be capturing video all the time - which requires a lot of power.  Solar panels just trickle charge, they aren't enough to keep the cameras running 24/7.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation