Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Considering an Arlo

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sparky21
Follower
Follower

I am considering buying an Arlo, but I have questions and they don't have a phone number to reach a live person.

Are these cameras easy to operate/setup?  Do I have to subscribe to a service to see the video?

I see there is a solar panel available for charging..are they reliable?  Can I use one for each of my cameras?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sparky21 wrote:

Are these cameras easy to operate/setup? 

Onboarding can be a struggle sometimes.  Once onboarded, they are pretty easy to operate.

@Sparky21 wrote:

Do I have to subscribe to a service to see the video?

Yes (Arlo Secure).  Note there are some limited things you can do w/o the subscription.

@Sparky21 wrote:

I see there is a solar panel available for charging..are they reliable?  Can I use one for each of my cameras?

I have one panel, and find it reliable.  But it's not enough to completely avoid the need for charging.  Note there is also the XL model, which will run a lot longer on battery (and which also can be used with the panel).

The panel only connects to one camera.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sparky21 wrote:

Are these cameras easy to operate/setup? 

Onboarding can be a struggle sometimes.  Once onboarded, they are pretty easy to operate.

@Sparky21 wrote:

Do I have to subscribe to a service to see the video?

Yes (Arlo Secure).  Note there are some limited things you can do w/o the subscription.

@Sparky21 wrote:

I have one panel, and find it reliable.  But it's not enough to completely avoid the need for charging.  Note there is also the XL model, which will run a lot longer on battery (and which also can be used with the panel).

The panel only connects to one camera.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation