Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Configure My Arlo timeout?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
HMishkoff
Apprentice
Apprentice

Because we no longer receive email alerts, I have to log in to the My Arlo website regularly to see if any of my cameras have been tripped recently. This is enough of a pain as it is, but it's made even worse by the fact that I have to log in every once in a while to access my videos.

Is there any way to set the length of the timer so it doesn't time me out so often? Or at all?

The timer is so capricious that I can't even figure out how long it is. And I can't tell if it's some kind of activity timer (which I might be able to keep alive by clicking on something every once in a while) or if it's just some kind of indeterminate minutes-and-seconds timer that's not paying any attention to anything I'm doing.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Inactivity on the web for 30 minutes causes the logout for security. Doing anything while logged in resets the timer.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Inactivity on the web for 30 minutes causes the logout for security. Doing anything while logged in resets the timer.

HMishkoff
Apprentice
Apprentice

I appreciate your response, but I'm not sure I've found that to be the case. I'll run some tests and let you know what I find out.

HMishkoff
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, although I was initially skeptical, I spent entirely too much time testing, only to find out that you were absolutely correct all along, the inactivity timeout period is exactly 30 minutes long. So a belated thanks for your help!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation