Cannot turn audio record off on pro 4

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
wattsd
Follower
Follower

I have gone into setting on my phone app and my laptop and turn off the audio record function on my new pro 4 but it will not turn off. The speaker icon will not show off and every time the wind blows it records. I get over a hundred recording per hour of just audio. I go check settings and it shows of on the buttons but the speaker logo stays on.

How do you stop the audio recording.

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Dannybear
Master
Master

If you mute the camera microphone from the camera settings it will not record any audio when triggered.

If you disable the audio detection for the active mode’s camera rule the camera will not trigger a recording for any sound events.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:

If you mute the camera microphone from the camera settings it will not record any audio when triggered.

If you disable the audio detection for the active mode’s camera rule the camera will not trigger a recording for any sound events.

@wattsd : In addition to @Dannybear's advice, you should also disable smoke/CO detection in the smart notifications if that is enabled.

Laddhowe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Everything was perfect with 6 cameras. I added 3 more and now all of them record audio almost none stop. I have tried every thing on this feed plus many other things

My batteries used to last about 2.5 months now I'm lucky if I get 5 days.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Laddhowe wrote:

Everything was perfect with 6 cameras. I added 3 more and now all of them record audio almost none stop. I have tried every thing on this feed plus many other things

Can you provide more details on what you have tried?

Are you using smarthub(s)?  Or are all the cameras directly connected to your home wifi?

CNDZ
Initiate
Initiate

How do you do this step?  We are going through a battery a day because it’s recording audio every 10 seconds.  I’ve turned off everything I see related to audio from the app for this security camera but it is still recording. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Apparently you haven't edited your modes and rules. The rules for any mode you use include the ability to disable or modify audio detection. 

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

Tastebuddy
Guide
Guide

I have this exact problem with new Pro 5S cameras and it's incredibly frustrating.  Batteries are draining in one day.  Constant audio recording.  chat help was pretty useless.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Pamvizzini
Aspirant
Aspirant

When is this issue going to get resolved.   I get 185 recording a day due to audio which are all turned off.  My battery only lasts 1 day.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@Pamvizzini 

Can you confirm that the audio trigger has been disabled in the operating mode camera rules?

Turning off the audio microphone in the camera’s settings removes audio from the recordings only but still enables it to trigger recordings. The camera rules are where you need to disable triggering.

Pamvizzini
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes the microphone and speaker is turned off on these 2 cameras 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pamvizzini wrote:

Yes the microphone and speaker is turned off on these 2 cameras 

To clarify @DannyBearAgain's question:

Audio detection is enabled in the camera rule(s) in the mode.  Turning off the microphone in the settings will result in recordings with no sound, but will not affect the audio detection.

Grainfoot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looks like it’s across all Arlo cameras. I have just bought ultra 2 with 5000 smart hub. 4 cameras play a pro3 spotlight and camera. 
All working fine with 4 cameras installed then added another camera and now constant audio recordings on most of the cameras.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked your modes and rules to verify that audio detection is disabled?

Grainfoot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have disabled audio detection in rules and that has stopped recordings but would like audio as part of camera security. Even when sensitivity it turned down to 1 still getting false recordings, no wind noise or anything.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Turn the audio settings back on in the camera settings and disable audio detection in your modes and rules. Truning sensitivity down doesn't disable recordings.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation