Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot reach my Pro 4 cameras and they randomly become offline

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Stroessel
Guide
Guide
Hey!

I have 5 Arlo Pro 4 cameras that I have previously connected to a mobile router in my holiday home directly with wifi. I could access the cameras instantly, everything worked great!
I have now added a UniFI lite accesspoint that is connected to a UniFI Switch Lite 16 in my home and switched all cameras over to it. All cameras connected fine to the new wifi and I have great coverage. I even set the signal strenght to ’High’ just in case. I only have the 2,4ghz wifi activated, no 5ghz. Tried to activate and deactive the 5ghz network but no real change. All cameras indicate good wifi and I get notifications when there’s movement.
But… when I want to access the live feed with the app I cannot reach them. It just loads and loads and loads and then just quits trying to reach the camera. Same behavior on the my.arlo.com site. Sometimes some of the cameras drops offline, but not all. Its random which cameras goes offline. Sometimes I can reach one or two of them and watch live feed with no problem.

All other services like homekit, philips hue bridge works fine and I can access them remotely instantly. It’s just the Pro 4 cameras that keeps dropping off. Same behavior when I am in the house as when I try to reach them remotely.

I have tried resetting the cameras and connecting them again, adding them is no problem.

Anyone with any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Stroessel
Guide
Guide

Hello.

My solution was to buy an Arlo Base Station, now theres no trouble reaching the cameras remotely.

Thank you.

Best,

Marcus

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Stroessel,

Is every camera behaving this way?

Are you able to connect a camera using the old router and test to see if you experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Stroessel
Guide
Guide

Hello.

My solution was to buy an Arlo Base Station, now theres no trouble reaching the cameras remotely.

Thank you.

Best,

Marcus

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation