Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot See Shared Devices

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
justinw017
Follower
Follower

I have several old Arlo cameras that I use on my account attached to a base station VMB4000 series. My dad has several Arlo Pro 4 cameras that he uses without a base station. When he shares access to his cameras to me, it shows that I have accepted the invite on his app but his cameras do not appear on my Arlo app for viewing. I get notifications for changes like setting Arm Away or Arm Home, but cannot view the cameras. 

Also, our apps look completely different. We are both using app version 4.11.2 (7240) released Jan 17, 2024 but he has options like “Dashboard”, “Feed”, “Routines” etc.. where all I have is “Devices” “Library” “Mode” and “Settings”. 

There seems to be a compatabity issue between using new and old cameras on Arlo accounts and sharing the feeds. 

5 REPLIES 5
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DannyBearAgain wrote:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062798/How-do-I-upgrade-my-Arlo-Secure-App-4-0-to-the-new-experience 

@justinw017:  You can also force migration from "Library" to "Feed" by going into "Add device", and starting to add a Pro 5s camera.  The workflow can't be completed without the camera, but before it fails you will be migrated to "Feed".  This would need to be done on the primary account.

There are some limitations with "Feed" - one major one is that there are no custom modes.  Folks have also struggled with scheduling and geofencing.  And once the account is migrated to "Feed", there is no way to move back to "Library". 

ndz
Aspirant
Aspirant

It looks like this has been an issue for over a year.  It's shocking that IT hasn't fixed it by now. Any update on when the problem will be resolved? Also, why are there 2 user interfaces in the same app??  So strange.  

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ndz with your authorized user do you both see feed or library? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ndz wrote:

Also, why are there 2 user interfaces in the same app??  So strange.  

Arlo started to roll out "Feed" last year, but that didn't go well.  Too many bugs, plus it became clear that dropping custom modes was a mistake.  So they paused the roll out, and have been addressing the issues with it for quite some time.

But the newest cameras and the home security system still require "Feed", so we all have been living with both interfaces for a while now.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation