Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot Grant Access To New Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
fdemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have one user (my wife) who has been granted access to our cameras. I recently added a Pro 4. I go into Grant Access, click off the cameras she does not have access to and Dave. When I go back in they are de-selected. I did see some odd message lately that I didn't have access to do something.

Please advise & thank you

fdemello_0-1695206705934.png

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if you try this using the web client (my.arlo.com)?

fdemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. Same

Also noticed it appears I do not have access to those 2 cameras which is the issue. how can this happen when I set them up under my ID? And how do I rectify?

fdemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looking further: When I go to Settings/Grant Access  1) see the 2 cameras in question on the web based app 2) do not see them on the phone app

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd start by rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app. Also, clear the cache for the web browser and also try a different browser to see what happens.

fdemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing. Deleted the iPhone app/re-booted/re-installed. I can see all my cameras and manage them in devices. But there are not there when I try to add to my wife's Granted Access

Tried another browser (Firefox). Same. I can see/manage devices. When I try to Grant Access I can see the 2 cameras in question. I can select and save. But when I go back in the save does not hold and they show not selected. Like I do not have access to perform that

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Did you remove it from the home screen or go into the library and delete it out? If it was just removed, try going into the app library and holding down on the Arlo app. It will say delete app if it says remove app you are not in the correct spot. After deleting the app, go back into the app store and download the Arlo app. 

fdemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello - I have done that. However even after deleting the app, and re-booting, the only option is to download from the cloud (which brings all my settings/data with it) - and those 2 cameras are still not there in Grant Access:

arlo.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be a problematic user profile that's causing this. A way to test this before going nuclear could be to remove one of those cameras from your account, create a new account using a second email address and set it up there. See if granting access then works properly. If so, then moving all devices to the new account may be the ticket, although painful.

Do you have access to an Android phone, perhaps a friend's? You could temporarily install the app, log in and see if things work properly there. When done, delete the app.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation