Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can you live stream without a hub?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Craigus195
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi all,

This seems like a simple question but there seems to be no direct answer out there: Can I live stream my Pro4 without a hub?

I have the option to click on my camera but the loading wheel just spins and spins and spins....(and yes, close to wifi, 55mbps download and 20 upload).

If the answer is yes, I have a follow up question; do arlo have servers in Australia?

Cheers,
Craig
4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Craigus195 wrote:
This seems like a simple question but there seems to be no direct answer out there: Can I live stream my Pro4 without a hub?

Yes.

@Craigus195 wrote:
I have the option to click on my camera but the loading wheel just spins and spins and spins....(and yes, close to wifi, 55mbps download and 20 upload).

I'm wondering how close? Does this happen when the camera is 6-10 feet away from the router or AP?

Have you tried removing and reinserting the battery?

@Craigus195 wrote:

If the answer is yes, I have a follow up question; do arlo have servers in Australia?

I don't know where the servers are located. FWIW, I think arlo is using cloudflare, and not running its own data centers.  That's based on pinging my.arlo.com - which also resolves to my.arlo.com.cdn.cloudflare.net.  

Craigus195
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks Stephen,

I've tested from about 5m away, all the way down to ~10cm to the base. It's loaded a few times since but with a huge lag and jittery feed. I've removed the battery and tried again yes ( and charged it up).

I was hoping they'd use public cloud so that's good news at least!

Craig
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Craigus195 wrote:

I've tested from about 5m away, all the way down to ~10cm to the base. It's loaded a few times since but with a huge lag and jittery feed. I've removed the battery and tried again yes ( and charged it up).

Of course it should be able to establish a solid connection at those distances.

You could try Arlo support - or maybe exchange the camera with the seller (which usually is faster, and might resolve it).

Craigus195
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks mate. I've raised a ticket and hope I can get a resolution otherwise I'll have to return the expensive white brick!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation