Can't switch in new app update.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
desertrat1981
Apprentice
Apprentice

With the previous version, I can arm away for the day.  When I would get home I would swith to schedule and would continue from there until schedule to stop recording. 

With the new version, if I switch from arm away to stand by after start of schedule, it won't arm.  Why?  I have to leave arm away on for the rest of the night into mornings than manually swith to stand by.  New version is terrible. I've honestly been looking now for other options unless arlo can fix this simple issue. 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not sure what you mean in your process description.If you manually switch to Standby after the schedule starts, that is superseding the schedule. It may be better to let the schedule handle it all, switching to Arm Away at a certain time when you normally leave and then a second schedule to Standby when you get home.

desertrat1981
Apprentice
Apprentice

My schedule is 8pm-8am.  If my family and I go out during the day, say 1pm, I'll Arm Away.  Say we get back home at 10pm, two hours after schedule start time, I'll switch back to now called Standby expecting the schedule to continue until 8am where it would of course stop recording motion and sending notifications. We'll, with the new version, when I switch to Standby from Arm Away after schedule start time, it doesn't do anything.  With the previous versions, if I switched from Arm Away to Schedule after the schedule start time, it would continue in schedule mode untill the end of the schedule time.  Hope that made more sense.   Thanks.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@desertrat1981 wrote:

My schedule is 8pm-8am.  If my family and I go out during the day, say 1pm, I'll Arm Away.  Say we get back home at 10pm, two hours after schedule start time, I'll switch back to now called Standby expecting the schedule to continue until 8am where it would of course stop recording motion and sending notifications. We'll, with the new version, when I switch to Standby from Arm Away after schedule start time, it doesn't do anything.  With the previous versions, if I switched from Arm Away to Schedule after the schedule start time, it would continue in schedule mode untill the end of the schedule time.  Hope that made more sense.  

"Feed" just runs the schedule automations to change modes at the scheduled times.  

If you manually switch to "standby" at 10 pm it will stay in "standby" until until an automation tells it to change to something else.  If I am understanding your schedule correctly, it should re-arm at 8 pm the following evening.

The net here is that "standby" is not the same as "schedule", so if you come back home after 8 pm you either need to

1. just leave the system in Arm Away
  2. change the mode to Arm Home if you are using that at night.
desertrat1981
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just don't understand why Schedule is no longer an option. If I leave it on Away or Away Home as you suggested, I will not have the system disarm by 8am and now it's just wasting camera batter life with cars and kids playing in the yard with constant notifications.  Everything else about the new update is OK but with my life schedule I used that Schedule option quite often.  If I'm home all day, Standby is fine.  But if my job needs me to step out of the house I'll switch to Away.  Return home say after 8pm I should be able to switch to my Schedule because sometimes I don't need to clock into work until after 8am which is the end of my set arlo Schedule.  So if I just leave it on Away, got a constant waist of lengthy videos of cars and kids.  Now the batteries are dieing fast in the cameras. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@desertrat1981 wrote:

If I leave it Arm Home as suggested, I will not have the system disarm by 8am

No, that is not the case.

This is what you need to do:

1. The 8 am schedule automation should be set up so it is only enabled when the system is in Arm Home or Standby, and should switch the system to Standby (this is all set up in the automation itself)
  2. The 8 pm schedule automation should also be set up so it is only enabled when the system is in Arm Home or Standby and should switch the system to Arm Home (again, all this in the automation itself)

Then

1. You always set the system to Arm Away when you leave.  It will then stay in Arm Away until you manually change it (even if you are gone for several days)
  2. You set the system back to Standby when you return between 8 am and 8 pm. The system will switch to Arm Home at 8 pm.
  3. you set the system back to Arm Home when you return between 8 pm and 8 am   The system will switch to Standby at 8 am.

@desertrat1981 wrote:

I just don't understand why Schedule is no longer an option. 

I don't know why they changed that either, and IMO it was a mis-step.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation