Can’t reconnect Arlo Pro from app

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
lnpangel9785
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I was given access to the cameras for our Arlo Pro 4. But the app doesn’t appear to allow me to reconnect them when the wifi goes out. I have an iPhone. Any suggestions??

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master

Just to clarify that you are using a granted arlo account to view a camera owned by another arlo account holder?

Is the camera connected directly to the wifi router or via a base station?

Which wifi fails when it occurs, the owners or your own if you’re at another location?

lnpangel9785
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using a granted access account. Camera is outside, connected via wifi (?) but maybe a base (Idk what you mean by that exactly). I’m at home, trying to reconnect them when we had to turn the power off via the breaker box. There is no option to reconnect. 

Dannybear
Master
Master

The pro4 cameras have the feature to connect directly to the local wifi network, that’s the wifi from the router modem for the internet.

The pro4 camera can also connect directly to an arlo Base station unit if installed and it connects to the local router modem using a Ethernet cable.

If the mains power to the property has been disturbed a number of things may require a reset.

Start with identifying if a Base station is installed, look for the local router modem system and usually the base station connects to it with a 6ft Ethernet cable so it should not be far away. If you have one then power cycle it.

If you don’t have a Base station then try power cycling the local router modem units.

If the camera battery is flat as can happen if the wifi goes out for a long time then you will likely need to recharge it.

In any case you will need to use the owners account credentials to access admin features since granted accounts are limited.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation