Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can’t live stream in 2k when away from home

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
azarloGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice

I think it is shameful that I invested in a higher quality camera(s) Arlo Pro 4’s and signed up for a plan and can’t live stream in 2k unless I am home. I have two Homes 1700 miles apart and I like to check on things now and then. I wanted better quality cameras to be able to see specific things more clearly yet that is not allowed. But of course motion is recorded and sent in 2k so if that’s possible then live stream is possible. How can this even be legal? I bought three cameras for the higher resolution yet Arlo does t allow it to be viewed that way unless you are at home. Who does that? Who needs to watch their cameras at home? Just stick your eyes out the window and you can see. The point of these camera is for when you are not at home. This is so wrong I so many levels. I’m disgusted with this and shame on Arlo!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

azarloGuy,

Arlo Pro 4 cameras will record content in 2K but to maintain a live stream in 2K, your mobile device needs to be connected to the same network as the camera. For more information, take a look here: How do I stream in 2K with my Arlo Pro 3 or Pro 4 camera?

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

azarloGuy,

Arlo Pro 4 cameras will record content in 2K but to maintain a live stream in 2K, your mobile device needs to be connected to the same network as the camera. For more information, take a look here: How do I stream in 2K with my Arlo Pro 3 or Pro 4 camera?

JamesC

azarloGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice
That’s the point, the cameras are capable but you don’t allow it. I understand how I can see 2k be home or record motion. My point is the cameras are capable of 2k live stream and you don’t allow it outside of the home. I and many others have called Arlo out on this. It is truly shameful.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation