Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 - trial subscription has expired - NZ based

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
nessanoz
Follower
Follower

My daughter and I have both recently purchased the Arlo Pro4 cameras and were led to believe by the salesperson that when the 3month trial ended - we would have the 7 days cloud rolling over library and basic features still.
Since getting these cameras we have barely used any features as some seemed unavailable or we couldnt figure it out. As we have had so much happening lately we kept to the simpler record features because the camera seem so complex and we are not techy so were waiting for another person to show us how to work out how the camera could tell some differences or be set up better.

Thankfully we managed to get the notifications to our phones [although many times delayed] and the camera would do a quick video. This could be random where it may pick up if stranger walked up to door so we could see the face, or as I say it was later more often than not so only recorded after they had already left and were walking away.  The camera did not record complete doorstep incidents for us so figured this was because there was some setting that still needed to be ticked or we had to instantly respond to a notification and try to trigger live feed etc

Everything in the library has gone now and the cameras were put offline on us this week. So before raising issue with the original large company that sold these cameras and their misleading sales information to try and get money refunded back - I just want to check that the cameras are disconnected and put offline or whatever by Arlo as soon as the full 3 month trial expires etc  I am not sure if there are different versions of the trial even because it seemed many things were not possible but we put that down to living in different country or that we needed a more advanced subscription package instead of the trial one etc

Before anyone suggests we should be paying for a subscription to an overseas service - due to us not having sussed the cameras out full yet OR not having all the features available - we had figured we could do this eventually if we wished to add more cameras and a doorbell device. Basically that once we became more comfortable or competent with the techy side of the cameras - then we could go from the free 7 days to the bigger Arlo plans with more storage as well as possible tracking features or their other advanced features if they work in another country etc 

TIA for any suggestions as not sure if we should be returning these Pro4 cameras for a full refund now or what?  I am still hoping that its just a setting that has been missed by us which will give back the promised rolling 7 days library and basic features? I do not know if the hubs are available in NZ yet but I am hoping this is only a simple fix because in addition to myself and daughter purchasing these cameras - we also recommended the Arlo Pro4 multiple 4 pack camera promotion to friends and family 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Only the Pro 2 and older cameras get the free 7 day cloud recordings. Everything else needs a subscription. You can buy a hub and connect all cameras to that so you can get local recordings without a sub. The salesman lead you astray.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Only the Pro 2 and older cameras get the free 7 day cloud recordings. Everything else needs a subscription. You can buy a hub and connect all cameras to that so you can get local recordings without a sub. The salesman lead you astray.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation