Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't activate CVR subscription

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bloomio
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've read previous posts about this but I still cannot add my new PRO 4 cameras onto a CVR plan. I can click on the SUBSCRIPTIONS button which takes me to a camera selection page, but none of my cameras appear there so I can't activate a subscription. 

Question: If I were to purchase a Smart Hub with local storage inserted, would that enable me to record 24/7?

7 REPLIES 7
Dannybear
Master
Master
Are you using the mobile app or web portal in a browser? If mobile you need to use the web portal on a web browser to manage your subscription.
If already using the web portal (my.arlo.com) then use a incognito window in the browser to access subscription settings.

Regards the CVR plan, this is arlo cloud feature and cannot be used with another subscription. It doesn’t use the base station and will not store CVR recordings to local or backup storage. You will also not be able to store clips from the CVR recordings within the Arlo Library only downloads.
bloomio
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much for your response, I will try this now!

bloomio
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @Dannybear, I was accessing from Chrome on a Mac and didn't work. Have now tried same on incognito mode but still doesn't work, just a blank page.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Just some light reading,

https://kb.arlo.com/1113097/How-do-I-re-add-my-Arlo-camera-or-video-doorbell-to-an-active-Arlo-Secur...

Also

https://kb.arlo.com/1018425/What-is-continuous-video-recording-CVR-and-how-do-I-use-it

Note:

I mentioned previously that you would be able to download CVR clips. This was incorrect as it hasn’t been implemented yet so you can only view them.
bloomio
Aspirant
Aspirant

See screen recording link here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0ddpvc9cv931bp/Screen%20Recording%202022-07-24%20at%2009.11.59.mov?dl=0 

Appreciate you sending the previous links, but doesn't work. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:
 It doesn’t use the base station and will not store CVR recordings to local or backup storage. You will also not be able to store clips from the CVR recordings within the Arlo Library only downloads.

@bloomio: While it is true that the CVR recordings are not saved to local storage, you still do need the cameras connected to a base or smarthub in order for CVR to work.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Looking closely at the last article, I was also wrong about the base station not being used by CVR.

“To use CVR, you need the following:

A 14-day or 30-day CVR subscription
An outdoor or indoor power adapter
Arlo cameras must be plugged in to AC power to support CVR
An outdoor power adapter must be used for the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight
A compatible Arlo Base Station or SmartHub
Note: Base Station/SmartHub not required for Arlo Q, Q Plus, Essential Indoor or Baby cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation