Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I add more zone anchor points to a zone and can I stop vehicle notifications?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RockNRowBoat
Follower
Follower

I have 3 questions all related to activity zones on the Arlo Pro 4 cameras:

Why are multiple activity zones different colors?

Can I add more zone anchor points to a zone in order to draw the line around a tree and row of bushes?

Can I stop one camera from sending constant notifications for "vehicle" which is what it does when wind moves tree and bush branches? I'd like it to only notify me when person and animal are detected.

Thank you very much.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RockNRowBoat wrote:

Can I add more zone anchor points to a zone in order to draw the line around a tree and row of bushes?

No.  While some cameras have polygon shaped zones, others are limited to rectangles.  Either way, you are can't add more anchor points - you can only add more zones. 

One thing to consider is what you really need to include - often the zones are simpler if you focus on what you need to capture, instead of what you want to exclude.

@RockNRowBoat wrote:

Can I stop one camera from sending constant notifications for "vehicle" which is what it does when wind moves tree and bush branches? I'd like it to only notify me when person and animal are detected.

Did you turn off vehicle (and all other motion) notifications for the camera in the smart notification settings?  You'll still get the recordings (unless they are out of zone), but shouldn't get the notifications.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation