Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras goes offline all of the sudden

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
nrivera0305
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why do the cameras suddenly disconnect even when the batteries are fully charged and the WIFI signal is strong?

I mean, I think there's no reason for them to go offline and then not come back online. Every time, I have to get my ladder, do a factory reset, remove it from the app and add it again, which it ends up losing motion configurations and activity zones. I've also tried reconnecting them without deleting them from the app, but it fails when the app does not find the Arlo device. This has been happening every week or so with 3 of my cameras, but not at the same time.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Bring one camera closer to the router to see if that makes a difference.

nrivera0305
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have one of them that a wall separates it from the router and 2 days ago it went offline and didn't get back online.

Iacopi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue.  Every day now at least one of my three cameras (sometimes two of them) go offline.  On one occasion I was at work, didn't have the ability to do a reset and by the time I got home they were back online.  Problem is, I need them to work when I away, not after I get home.  Also, this morning, I got up again and one went offline again overnight (when I need them working).  I have taken them down, fully charged them all again, checked the wifi and no strength issues.  All of the research and questions are either unanswered or "do a factory reset" which I have done to all of them more than once.  We have only had these since March and pay the monthly service.  Is there no support for this issue?  I see LOTS of posts but no answers except to "open a ticket" with Arlo Support... only I can't figure out how to do that even.  PLEASE HELP!!!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Iacopi wrote:

but no answers except to "open a ticket" with Arlo Support... only I can't figure out how to do that even. 

https://kb.arlo.com/000062461/What-is-the-Support-Center-in-the-Arlo-App

Use the phone option.

Iacopi
Aspirant
Aspirant

That's an issue, I have a paid subscription but the phone option is grayed out and I can't select it.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Iacopi wrote:

That's an issue, I have a paid subscription but the phone option is grayed out and I can't select it.  

It could be grayed out now because phone support is only available between 6 am and 6 pm Pacific time.

Cooss
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was having trouble with my cameras randomly disconnecting from the WiFi even when the was a strong WiFi signal.  I moved cameras around and even replaced my extender thinking it might be dropping signal.  
After much frustration I found that the cameras dropping out had the smaller backup batteries in them (also have the solar chargers) that I had purchased.  
This was the only common factor. I reinstalled the original larger batteries that came with the cameras and have not had a problem sense. At this point I am just assuming that the smaller batteries might have a contact connection issue.  

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation