12 REPLIES 12
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:
Camera positioning and Motion Detection Test disabled due
to other activities happening from this camera currently
  1. Do you have a CVR subscription?
  2. Does the message disappear if you change the mode to "disarmed"?
Retired_Member
Not applicable
No and no
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe try removing/reinserting the camera battery.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Also make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo app installed. 3.6.4

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yet another useless suggestion by the very people that are supposed to help us. Updating the app on your mobile phone does nothing and is irrelevant to the problem, which is a software implementation issue.

I have re-booted the base, removed the device, re-installed the device, removed the battery, inserted a fully charged battery, re-synced etc etc and my camera STILL shows 53% battery and it STILL says that I can't do motion testing and positioning because the camera is in use.

When are you people just going to own up and say we don't know the answer and we're sorry that your several thousands of pounds worth of "high end" security cameras don't work any better than me employing an oompa loompa to sit in my garden with a pair of binoculars and a klaxon.

Start getting a grip and getting a clue because people are sick and tired of listening to your rubbish responses.

Or give me back my 2 grand and you can keep your cameras, and over priced batteries & cables.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Rocketdog13

Do you receive the same error over the web browser as well? Is the error messaging present before you initiate the tests or after?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I get the 53% battery error on the web portal regardless of which up to date browser I use, no matter how many times I clear caches, clear cookies, reset cameras, change batteries, reset base stations, re-sync everything, delete devices and re-install them etc, etc.

It's always software implementation, literally every single issue with ALL Arlo devices the world over can be singularly traced back to poor software implementation.

For example, how can the web portal be telling me that I have 3 cameras "not connected to the internet" and therefore showing me no feeds when I can log into my android app and see all those camera feeds perfectly?

Clearly not a hardware issue is it?

Clearly not an issue with my home network is it because both my laptop and my mobile are using the same wifi.

Also,

Who's bright idea was it to make recordings only viewable via the app and not a web browser, and no, chrome does not have a reliably working extension for 2k or 4k files, neither does Edge.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Rocketdog13

A member from the L3 support team sent you an email to help resolve the issues you are experiencing. Please let me know if you received it. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yep, he did.

I replied.

SEVEN hours ago.

At the START of his Pacific Standard Time shift, which will be almost over by now.

Gave him a run down of my issues, and what I felt were the causes.

So that will be another waste of time no doubt.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Rocketdog13

Thank you for the update. Please let me know if you would like to continue the session?

Thanks 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

What session, the guy emailed me 5 minutes before his shift ended and said he wanted to pick it up on Monday, so obviously Arlo isn't bothered about security for folks over the weekend then.

Joke of a company, with a joke of a service for a joke of a product.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Here, check this out, a perfect example of the sort of help people are getting from Arlo with their issues.

I gave them a detailed description of my issues and this is the response.

7 days to tell me to reset my camera to see if that helps.

Astonishing level of incompetence.

Rocketdog13_0-1661513891701.png

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation