Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

CVR Subscription plan

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
j_relampagos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why is it so complicated to subscribe to the CVR plan? I followed every single step that the support team told me to do and i STILL cannot subscribe to the plan. Literally wasting time, money, and effort trying to set this up. Can't ever contact someone from support, and the phone number listed at the bottom of the "contact us" page isn't even a working number. You try to call 1.408.638.3750 and it say "the number you have dialed is not in service". Like, i'm about ready to return everything and go with a different security cam brand.

11 REPLIES 11
dcfox1
Master
Master

@j_relampagos wrote:

Why is it so complicated to subscribe to the CVR plan? I followed every single step that the support team told me to do and i STILL cannot subscribe to the plan. Literally wasting time, money, and effort trying to set this up. Can't ever contact someone from support, and the phone number listed at the bottom of the "contact us" page isn't even a working number. You try to call 1.408.638.3750 and it say "the number you have dialed is not in service". Like, i'm about ready to return everything and go with a different security cam brand.

Is your Pro4 connected to a Hub/Base? CVR  will only work connected to one, not your home wifi.

Have you tried on the web portal instead of the phone app?

j_relampagos
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, They are connected to the base station. I’ve also tried on my computer to see if the subscription button would light up and nothing
dcfox1
Master
Master

You should try calling support again as I just tried it and it went to Arlo. 

j_relampagos
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here are my devices
8502051A-313A-49F2-9E5F-411BB42CBEDB.png
dcfox1
Master
Master

A screen shot of the page you get stuck on would help here. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Also keep in mind, CVR requires the cameras to have AC power connected (solar panel charging doesn't provide enough power). Are your cameras powered with an AC adapter?

As mentioned by dcfox1, a screenshot of the subscription flow showing where you begin having the issue would be helpful.

JamesC

j_relampagos
Aspirant
Aspirant
They are outdoor 25 foot cables. Not solar power.
j_relampagos
Aspirant
Aspirant
So in this image, the subscription button is lit up and lets me click on it.
AC85DFC8-AA31-447A-918F-825B0EBC71C3.png
j_relampagos
Aspirant
Aspirant
In this image, the continue button is grayed out and there’s no options for me to choose from.
EB7C263D-B9E7-40DE-8EEB-B28AF0961AAE.png
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

In your second image, you should see selection options for the eligible cameras on your account. If there are no options there, that means there are no eligible cameras.

It looks like the cameras are synced directly to your home network rather than the base station. Your first screenshot shows each camera being Armed on it's own, if they were synced to the base, you wouldn't see them individually in the modes tab. You need to remove the cameras and go through setup again, syncing them to the base station.

JamesC

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

One thing to keep in mind is that the camera needs to be on AC power - if it's only on battery, or on a solar panel, CVR won't work.

@j_relampagos wrote:

You try to call 1.408.638.3750 

This is the US support number.  If you are in the US, you won't need the 1 (since that is the country code).  If you are outside the US, then you should see if there is a support number for your country.

@j_relampagos wrote:

I followed every single step that the support team told me to do

Can you outline what those steps are, and where it goes wrong?

It starts with going into settings, and selecting "Subscription".  CVR plan should be in the center of the right pane, with a "subscribe now" button.

After you click that, you'll see the eligible cameras, and choose whether you want 14 days of storage or 30.

Are you getting that far?

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation