Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery drain Pro 4

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
deepblueocean
Follower
Follower

Dear Arlo community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a recurring issue I have been experiencing with one of my Arlo Pro 4 cameras. Despite my best efforts to troubleshoot and resolve the problem, the camera's battery continues to drain rapidly, resulting in frequent replacements and interruptions in surveillance. I have taken the following steps in an attempt to rectify the situation: I have replaced the battery multiple times, ensuring that I am using compatible and fully charged batteries. However, the problem persists despite these efforts. To minimize unnecessary power consumption, I have set up a restricted activity zone for this particular camera. I have confined the zone to a small area, thereby reducing the camera's workload and minimizing the chances of false triggers. Unfortunately, this adjustment has not alleviated the battery drain problem. Given the measures I have taken so far, it is apparent that there may be an underlying hardware or configuration issue with this specific camera. I rely on my Arlo security system to protect my property and loved ones, and the frequent battery drain is undermining its effectiveness and reliability. I kindly request your prompt assistance in resolving this matter. Please provide guidance on any additional troubleshooting steps I can undertake to rectify the battery drain issue with my Arlo Pro 4 camera. If necessary, I would also appreciate it if Arlo could arrange a replacement camera for me or advise on any further course of action to remedy the situation. I must emphasize the urgency of this matter, as my security system's functionality is compromised until a resolution is found. The community and Arlo’s swift response and support in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to your prompt response.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

FYI, this is a user-to-user forum.  There are two arlo mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) who can pass on your concerns to support.  But if you have a subscription, it'd be best for you to reach out to support yourself.  Do that using the support area of the app (not my.arlo.com).  Don't try to google a support phone number - that will lead you to a scam support site.

@deepblueocean wrote:

To minimize unnecessary power consumption, I have set up a restricted activity zone for this particular camera. I have confined the zone to a small area, thereby reducing the camera's workload and minimizing the chances of false triggers. 

Activity zones DO NOT reduce power consumption.  The camera streams whenever it detects motion (in or out of zone).  The Arlo cloud determines if the motion is in the zone or not - and supresses recordings and notifications for out of zone recording.  So the camera operates the same way no matter how the zones are set.

What you can do is

1. reposition the camera to reduce the amount of unwanted motion in the field of view
  2. reduce the motion sensitivity for the camera

On (2), you should use the motion detection test, as you don't want to reduce the sensitivity too much.

Other options you might consider:

• get a solar panel for the camera
  • upgrade the camera using the XL kit - this gives you a battery with 2.5x more capacity.
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation