Base station VMB4540 not worth the money

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SHUTE
Follower
Follower

I had 3 arlo pro 4 cameras on an arlo secure plan with all the features but thought to be more secure id purchase a base station and got the VMB4540 thinking i no longer required the plan i cancelled it. i connected it all up and everything was working well however i found out that the activity zones no longer work, no longer get snap shots in the notifications, the notifications dont even tell me what it is as in person, vehicle or animal. My wife who ive shared the cameras with cant even check the library for the videos on the hard drive. By the time ive logged into the app gone to the library(harddrive) downloaded the video and watched it anyone could have already broken into my house and murdered my family. The cameras constantly cut out and go offline now, the cameras are in the same place. The base station is next to and hard wired into the router that the camers were conected to on the plan when there were no issues. Can you please explain what is the point in a base station if it doesnt actually do anything useful? Feel like it was just a waste of money

2 REPLIES 2
bww129
Guide
Guide

The only reason I got the smart hub is to record videos to the SD card locally, and you get none of the smart features that you mentioned. You can remotely access videos without a subscription and it still provides notifications when the cameras detect something, but it's nowhere near as nice or fast as with a subscription. Unfortunately, I didn't realize how clunky it would be until after making the "investment" in the system.

They make it painful to access them on purpose because they make recurring revenue off the subscriptions and not the hardware. Good business model, not so great for those of us that don't want another monthly subscription fee.

shill_ds
Guide
Guide

Absolutely the worst financial decision I’ve made in my life and I will scream it from the top rooftops forever so that someone else does not get fooled into purchasing this garbage. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation