Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Turn on Arlo 4 Pro light with an Automation?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Arlo4Rod
Follower
Follower

I thought it would be simple and straight forward to turn on the security light on my Arlo 4 with an Automation.  I can turn on recording or the siren, but I can't turn on the light. All I want to do is to automate the light to turn on when I enter the geofence area at night.  

I see I can turn on a connected smart light (maybe I'll do this, but requires a lot more effort to set up)

2023-12-03_08h01_52.png

So I chose "Customize Device" and followed the prompts until I got here.  Very surprised to see no option to turn on the light!!

2023-12-03_08h03_27.png

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the Night Vision setting in the camera settings. Enable Color Night Vision. However, that is for motion detection. There's no setting for entering the geofencing zone.

DB7
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is quite easy.

1. Add an automation
  2. Arrive / Leave
  3. Slect the person
  4. Add action
  5. Turn on light
  6. Select the device

Done

You may also choose to add a schedule for that automation that turns it on at Sunset and another to turn it off at sunrise.

HOWEVER

Arlo Team - There does not appear to be a way to adjust the time that the light is on. Mine works perfectly but only stays on for 10 seconds. By the time I've arrived at the ouse for the edge of the geofence, the light if off again. Please help!!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation