Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Audio record feature and recording duration.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ToyArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

I am finding that the audio record feature way to sensitive. It is picking up even slight wind noise and is causing a lot of nuisance detections and draining my battery faster. I have had to turn off the microphone. It would be nice to still have audio available on motion detections (persons, vehicles).

Also the recording time for detections seems bugged now. It is recording for a full 5 minutes with nothing going on in the field of view. I have had to manually set a time limit.

Thought I would provide this feedback because it is annoying. Thx

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Audio detection recordings can be turned off in your modes and rules, not in the camera settings. Audio is still present in motion recordings.

The long recordings could be caused by continuous motion of leaves, etc. blowing in the wind while reflecting the sun's IR. If that's not the case, rebooting the camera or reinserting the battery to get back to a known state may help as well as rebooting your hub, if the camera is connected to one. You may need to remove and recreate the camera rule as a last gasp.

ToyArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thx for your reply. I found the audio setting in the modes, thx for that. I have restarted the camera in the software, I will see what happens. I have no hub. I have had the camera for months and never experienced the prolonged recording before. I only noticed it when discovering my battery going flat. I don't check my notifications religiously. I only take a look when I want to check something that may have happened I'm concerned with. I will try your troubleshooting steps. Thx

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation