Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ArloPro4 added to legacy system not in library - not compatible with VMB4000?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
slojimc
Follower
Follower

I have had arlo for a while.  My original system was 4 H7 cameras and a VMB3000.  At some point I upgraded the base station to a VMB4000 with siren to allow local recording and added an arlo pro H8 camera.  Recently we found a use for one more camera, but instead of one essential I bought a 3 pack of arlo pro4's (H4) to go ahead and upgrade a few spots.  The new cameras are connected, they trigger alerts and I can manually see them.  The device screen captures triggered events, but I can NOT view the 3 new cameras in the library.  Only my 5 existing cameras show up in the library.  The basic information on the website says the pro4 cameras are compatible and allow local recording, but after some effort, I found the fine print in a troubleshooting post - I can only view the recordings of the NEW cameras if I pull the USB device and install it in a separate reader, unless I also replace the base station (and lose the siren)?  Is this correct?  If it is correct, why?  Would this have been the case with any new cameras?  

1 REPLY 1
Dannybear
Master
Master

The 7days free cloud library feature ended for camera models after the pro2 series back in 2018.

the new models require subscription for cloud storage of recordings etc. usually you have a trial subscription period and it reverts to view only.

Their is an option to use direct storage access viewing, which is limited, if you have a vmb4540 or vmb5000 Base connected.

if you still want to have a siren you can keep the vmb4000 as a extra Base device on the account. I have two which gives me two sirens.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation