Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro engineering flaw

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
trburkiz
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • I have had 3 arlo pro4 cameras for about a few years. 2 have had issues with night vision consistently not working. I’ve tried everything in the book and all suggestions. The issue is low ambient light sources and white walls cause the cameras not to trigger night vision. This is a design issue as the level of ambient light is so low that night vision should trigger.  Going to return these unless arlo has a sw fix in the works…anyone else struggling with this same issue??
4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried adjusting the angle of the camera so the IR sensors aren't illuminating in to the wall? 

Do you happen to have a screenshot from the camera of the Ambient light at the time it should be triggering night vision? 

Thanks 

trburkiz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I’ve tried adjusting and everything under the sun to make this work.  It’s dark enough that night vision should turn on. Basically pitch black image being returned by the camera when night vision not on…

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Did this recently start happening? What trouble shooting steps have you tried so far so I don't suggest anything you may have performed?

Thanks 

trburkiz
Aspirant
Aspirant

1.5 years. Works fine if I put in dark closet. Problem is low ambient light and lite colored walls/structures reflect light and make cameras think it’s lighter than it actually is. It’s a design issue believe me. I’ve seen similar posts. Need a sw change that adjusts light sensor setting

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation