Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Tone1957
Tutor
Tutor

Tried to add new device, got right through to chimes but the next step can not find my device.

Have tried now 5 times, someone please help it’s blowing my mind🤯

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tone1957 wrote:

Tried to add new device, got right through to chimes but the next step can not find my device.

There is too much friction here (many have this problem).  Here are some things that might help:

1. Disable 5 ghz wifi in your router if it lets you.
  2. Check that the wifi is set to WPA2 (AES).
  3. Make sure the phone is connected to the wifi network
  4. Make sure the Arlo app is allowed to use the wifi network.
  5. If you are connecting to a guest network, make sure that network isolation is off (routers word this option differently, you need to make sure clients can "see" each other.

You can also try onboarding using a PC (Browsing to my.arlo.com).

These steps hopefully will work.

Tone1957
Tutor
Tutor

It was working fine with my router until I recharged the battery then when I logged into arlo app it said that had detected a base station that I have for my old arlo cameras and that my arlo pro 4 should be run through the base station but I looked and it’s not compatible, since that I have not been able to reinstall my camera and now the blue sync lights are not working.

This is just craze I have spent over 6 hours trying to get it to work.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tone1957,

Try factory resetting the camera and then go through the onboarding process. Following the instructions here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation