Arlo pro 4 install

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
maguas
Follower
Follower

I just purchased arlo 4.  I can not figure out how to connect it to my Smarthub.  It only allows me to connect to wifi and that doesn't seem to be working so well.  How can I connect my pro 4 to my smarthub?

3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

@maguas wrote:

I just purchased arlo 4.  I can not figure out how to connect it to my Smarthub.  It only allows me to connect to wifi and that doesn't seem to be working so well.  How can I connect my pro 4 to my smarthub?

Did you get it to connect to wifi? If so have you removed it and try set up again for the option to connect to a Hub. You should have had both options on initial setup. 

RTR1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro 4 Cameras with VMB4540 Base Station:

Initially (October2021) I was able to integrate the Pro 4  cameras with the SmartThings hub but the VMB4540 base station would not integrate.  As of December I am no longer able to integrate the Pro 4 cameras or the base station with the SmartThings hub.  Arlo recently updated the base station firmware, but I don't know if that caused the degradation.  

According to this link, the Arlo Pro 4 cameras are compatible with the SmartThings.      https://community.smartthings.com/t/new-smartthings-schema-integration-for-arlo/210605

The error message I receive is attached.  The error does not appear if I remove the Arlo Pro 4 cameras from the Arlo system and integrate my older cameras with the SmartThings app.

Is that the error you are receiving?  If not please describe your error and any other observations.

P.S. I have exchanged information with Arlo support but have not received a solution.  Please report your experience to Arlo support so the issue gets more attention.  

Arlo-Smart Things Integration Error.PNG
RTR1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro 4 Cameras with VMB4540 Base Station.  Iphone XR_iOS 15.1

Initially (October2021) I was able to integrate the Pro 4 cameras with the SmartThings hub but the VMB4540 base station would not integrate.  My older Arlo cameras also appeared in SmartThings after integrating the Pro 4 cameras. 

Currently, I am no longer able to integrate the Pro 4 cameras or the base station with SmartThings.  My older Arlo cameras also do not appear in SmartThings after attempting to integrate the Arlo cameras with SmartThings.  Arlo does appear as a “Linked Service” in the SmartThings app after the attempted camera integration.  The error message I receive is attached

The same error appears if I attempt to integrate my Arlo cameras into the SmartThings system after I 1) remove the Arlo Linked Service in SmartThings, 2) remove the Arlo Pro 4 cameras from the Arlo system, 3) retain the Arlo VMB4540 base station in the Arlo app and 4) retain the older Arlo Cameras in the Arlo app.

The Arlo integration is successful if I remove the VMB4540 base station and Arlo Pro 4 cameras from the Arlo app. 

No errors appear and the older Arlo base stations and cameras are accessible from the SmartThings system.

According to this link, the Arlo Pro 4 cameras are compatible with SmartThings.

https://community.smartthings.com/t/new-smartthings-schema-integration-for-arlo/210605

Please reply with your integration steps if you have successfully integrated the Arlo Pro4 and VMB4540 base station with SmartThings.

Also reply of you are experiencing similar problems. 

I have exchanged information with Arlo support but have not received a solution. 

Arlo-Smart Things Integration Error.PNG
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation