Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Signed up while on vacation in Mexico, Now system doesn't work

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dalepabst
Follower
Follower

My brother shared his Arlo cam with me while I was on vacation in Mexico.  Evidently, that triggered Arlo to set my location to Mexico.  After I came back and bought a 3 camera Pro 4 Bundle with Base Station and spent almost a full day at my home in New York setting it up around the house, the system said I couldn't setup an Arlo Secure subscription.  I was told by a chat support person that I would need to restart everything from scratch and use a new email in order to setup the account.  That's ridiculous and it should be fairly straightforward to just change the location of my profile on their back-end systems.  Either this gets sorted out or I just return the devices and go with Nest instead.  

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dalepabst,

The account location is determined by the original location in which it was created. If you created the account in Mexico, the location for that account will always be Mexico. You can create a new account while in New York and your location will be set as the US, allowing you to set up an Arlo Secure subscription.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation