Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 4 - camera is stuck in the shell

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
FjonEvans
Aspirant
Aspirant

I 'snapped' the camera into the body.  Now I cannot remove it, even when I push the release button.  How do i get it out without damaging the case or the camera body?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I take the camera off the mount and shake the camera down into my other hand. It's the seal of the O-ring that's causing this - you can try a light coating of grease on the ring to help the camera slide out more easily.

FjonEvans
Aspirant
Aspirant

What type of grease would you recommend?  How do you pull the camera body from the shell if it won't shake free?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

ANy light-duty grease that won't affect the o-ring would be useful. I haven't tried it myself but I do have some white lithium grease which would be my first try.

With the whole camera in your hands, free from any mount, press the release button and verify it clicks, indicating release (if you've already done this, it won't click again). Hold the camera pointing down in one hand and shake hard downwards. It may take a few to several shakes to break the camera body from the shell. Do this over a bed or sofa if concerned about not catching it. I had to do this just yesterday with good success.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation