Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 4 activation

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Habbie2
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo pro 4 is set off every few minutes by steam from the vent for my central heating boiler. I have lowered the sensitivity to 16 .

Also set off by cats even though he animal setting is off.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you changing the sensitivity in your modes and rules? The motion test doesn't save. You may have to move the camera so the steam isn't an issue.

SMart has to decide what set the cameras off in the first place. What is the category of the cat videos  noted for each video? Is this a steam issue, also?

Habbie2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for this. I did not know that ( or know how to do it!) The cat videos show as animal even though animal activity is off in smart notifications. I have contacted Arlo help twice over this and you have given me more help than they have.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you now know how to edit your modes? If not, use this:

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

For the animals, try toggling the Animal setting in Smart Notifications on and off again to see if that helps.

Habbie2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have made the necessary adjustments thanks. It did not solve the issue but I added an extension to the vent which seemed to help.

Arlo themselves have been of no help,

The camera is set off by the cat and occasional vehicle- even though they are well outside the activity zone.

I just have to live with it;

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation