Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo plan subscription in Saudi Arabia

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SarahMou23
Aspirant
Aspirant

After buying 6 Arlo pro 4 cameras I found that I can’t subscribe to any plan to view videos on app 

any help on that, i feel like I just wasted my money:(

Arlo Pro 4 Wireless Security Camera 

#saudiarabia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SarahMou23 wrote:

After buying 6 Arlo pro 4 cameras I found that I can’t subscribe to any plan to view videos on app 

Unfortunately, Arlo has never offered subscriptions in Saudi Arabia.

There are two options:

(1) purchase a smarthub (VMB4540 or VMB5000) and use direct access to local storage.  Note this is not the best experience, but many here to use it instead of a subscription.

(2) Set up a VPN and connect it to a country where Arlo does offer subscriptions.  Then create your account.  That should let you onboard and use the cameras w/o the VPN.  I'm not sure if you need to use a credit card in the country where you created the subscription or not (this is not something I've ever done).  This is a workaround, and potentially a violation of the Arlo terms of service.  But some folks have tried this, and reported success.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SarahMou23 wrote:

Unfortunately, Arlo has never offered subscriptions in Saudi Arabia.

There are two options:

(1) purchase a smarthub (VMB4540 or VMB5000) and use direct access to local storage.  Note this is not the best experience, but many here to use it instead of a subscription.

(2) Set up a VPN and connect it to a country where Arlo does offer subscriptions.  Then create your account.  That should let you onboard and use the cameras w/o the VPN.  I'm not sure if you need to use a credit card in the country where you created the subscription or not (this is not something I've ever done).  This is a workaround, and potentially a violation of the Arlo terms of service.  But some folks have tried this, and reported success.

SarahMou23
Aspirant
Aspirant

The First solution is probably what I’m gonna go for (The smart hub) but do you know what’s the difference between the two models that you’ve mentioned? Or which one works better with Arlo pro 4?

i don’t recommend the vpn thingy, i see alot of users experienced errors and they had to ship it to friends or relatives in US to fix it so it takes many steps if something went wrong and I don’t have that option unfortunately.

thank you so much for replying to me.

Arlo Pro 4 Wireless Security Camera Pro SmartHub VMB4540 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SarahMou23 wrote:

The First solution is probably what I’m gonna go for (The smart hub) but do you know what’s the difference between the two models that you’ve mentioned? Or which one works better with Arlo pro 4?

Both work well with the Pro 4.

The VMB5000

• provides both 2.4 and 5 ghz closed wifi (the Pro 4 only uses 2.4)
  • uses a microSD slot for storage

The VMB4540

• provides only 2.4 ghz closed wifi
  • has a USB slot for storage.

FWIW, you don't need a huge amount of storage.  128-256 GB is more than enough.  If you get the VMB4540, then I recommend using a flash drive, and not a USB SSD.

SarahMou23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do you know if I can view the clips on the arlo app or only by putting SDcard/USBflashdrive on a computer ?

Arlo Pro 4 Wireless Security Camera Pro SmartHub VMB4540 Ultra SmartHub VMB5000 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SarahMou23 wrote:

Do you know if I can view the clips on the arlo app or only by putting SDcard/USBflashdrive on a computer ?

With the two smarthubs (VMB4540 or VMB5000) you can directly access them from the app (but NOT the browser). Other limitations include

1. videos only available from the primary account (not friend accounts)
  2. no ability to make snapshots or manual recordings
  3. no thumbnails - videos need to be downloaded to the phone to view.
  4. remote access requires router setting changes that some find difficult, and which don't work with some internet service providers.

On (4), mobile broadband providers and starlink won't work.  Some other land-based ISPs don't work either (if they use carrier-grade NAT).

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation