Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo multi pro4 camera Wired Setup

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MADAST
Aspirant
Aspirant
Look for advice or experience achieving wired setup with multi pro4’s..
I am considering purchasing outdoor magnetic charging cables for all my cameras.
I am planning on running them into the roof space for consistent power.
Has anyone achieved this?
Can/have you used a USB hub to power multiple cameras? Or do I need individual USB power supplies.
I do have power available in the roof space. Sick of charging batteries.

I already have solar for the house and not up for using the arlo solar panels .

Thanks
Best answers
  • StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

@MADAST wrote:
    I am considering purchasing outdoor magnetic charging cables for all my cameras.

Can/have you used a USB hub to power multiple cameras? Or do I need individual USB power supplies.

The Arlo outdoor charger for the Pro 4 has a fully integrated power adapter.  So if you use them, you'll need to make sure there is an outlet in the roof space that is close enough to each camera for the cable to reach.

There are some outdoor cables (Wasserstein among others) that disconnect from the charger.  Arlo doesn't support using third-party chargers with the Pro 4, and user experience with them seems hit-or-miss (based on various posts here).

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MADAST wrote:

The Arlo outdoor charger for the Pro 4 has a fully integrated power adapter.  So if you use them, you'll need to make sure there is an outlet in the roof space that is close enough to each camera for the cable to reach.

There are some outdoor cables (Wasserstein among others) that disconnect from the charger.  Arlo doesn't support using third-party chargers with the Pro 4, and user experience with them seems hit-or-miss (based on various posts here).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation