Follower

Hi,

I have the following setup:

1 x Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell

3 x Arlo Pro 4 Wireless Security Camera 

1 x Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera 

I also subscribe to Arlo Secure Plus.

However I’m having a lot of issues with the system. Namely: 

1. The cameras don’t always pick up movement. Sometimes a person could be walking right in front of the cameras and it won’t notice it. 

2. When it does sense movement, it stops recording even though the object (person, vehicle or animal) is still moving. 

3. The app rarely works. I usually cannot connect to a camera the first attempt. And when I can, it takes at least a minute to connect. I refer to live streaming the camera. 

Does anyone else have these issues? For context, my WiFi signal is very strong and is always around 600mbps. All the softwares on cameras and phone are updated. The cameras are all within 10-15m from the router. The cameras are plugged into the mains power so battery is always charged. 

Any advice would be very handy as if there’s no resolution, the cameras are little more than dummy cameras and will need to be replaced. 

Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Motion detection works best when motion is generally from side to side, as is true with any device that uses PIR (passive IR) sensors. 

https://kb.arlo.com/37/Arlo-Camera-Placement-Tips

2) Use of record while motion continues requires that the CAMERA can detect the motion, not your eyes. In many cases, it just works better to use a timed recording.

3) This can be a signal strength and/or quality issue. You may be able to use a phone WiFi app to determine the actual signal strength at the various locations. ALso check for other wireless devices that use the 2.4GHz band near any device, including your router or hub.

Dreamon035
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have all the same problems as you referred to….I also have sound off but keep getting sound notifications…Thinking of changing my whole system…Arlo sux…

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Audio notifications means the camera's rules in your various modes have audio detection enabled. Turn that off and the notifications will go away.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Audio notifications means the camera's rules in your various modes have audio detection enabled. Turn that off and the notifications will go away.

@Dreamon035:  Also go into the smart notifications (which are not in the rules) and make sure that Smoke/CO detection is turned off.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation