Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app on my phone show the three Cameras as offline

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Avromal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Everything has been working fine, until we set my wife up with an account and the ability to be able to monitor and turn the cameras off and on. Now, my Arlo app on my phone show the three Cameras as offline. They are connected to the wifi and all have battery power. I just can’t seem to be able to get them back online on my app. Any suggestions?
9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To be clear, you set your wife up with Settings, Grant Access, right?

Can she see the cameras as online? Have you tried the web client at my.arlo.com? Are you getting recordings and notifications?

Avromal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, that’s correct. She can see the cameras as online. I haven’t tried the web client, only the app. And yes, she is getting notifications.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As a first step, try rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app.

Avromal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi jguerdat!

Have given that a go and have had the same result. Have also tried logging out of the app and back in again. Still shows the cameras as offline.
Avromal
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also note that when I go into the invite sent to my better half, it was still showing has pending despite her using the link to set up her own account.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Avromal wrote:
I also note that when I go into the invite sent to my better half, it was still showing has pending despite her using the link to set up her own account.

Did she do this on her phone?  

Have her try again on a PC - clicking the "create account" link will open the browser to my.arlo.com. Have her just log into her existing account from there.  Note she has to click on "create account", just logging in directly to my.arlo.com won't work.

Avromal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, she did use her phone. Have followed what you’ve outlined below and when she hits Create account it won’t allow her to login and gives the message that the account already exists.

Beginning to get extremely frustrated with this, given I’m paying for a subscription and not able to use the service properly.
Avromal
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, have now deleted the cameras out of my account, and re-loaded them again. I now have access, but they are now showing as offline for my better half. She can no longer look at them, and she is also now showing as accepted the invite. This is so strange, and for the life of me I cannot figure out how we can both view and access the cameras.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Avromal wrote:
Yes, she did use her phone. Have followed what you’ve outlined below and when she hits Create account it won’t allow her to login and gives the message that the account already exists.

If she is using her PC, she should be able to just log in once her browser opens to my.arlo.com.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation