Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
DjTeaze
Guide
Guide

Arlo Subscription stopped working No notifications or video recording. Have restarted all cameras and also home modem as well as moving cameras from subscription to no plan then re-adding them all to Arlo Secure plan STILL NOT WORKING!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DjTeaze
Guide
Guide
Well after 30 attempts last removed Pro4 Camera finally completed Set-Up without out timing out and is now Recording and Detecting Motion again.
Arlo this timing out issue needs to be fixed ASAP. Very bad reflection of your product and merry go round of repeated support solutions that don’t work.

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
DjTeaze
Guide
Guide
Pro 4 Cameras Stopped recording and notifying via Arlo Secure Subscription. A community member suggested deleting devices and re-adding devices. Now one of 2 Cameras will not Set Up due to timing out 10 seconds after chime from reading QR Code.
Please NOTE: Camera blue LED will blink til full 2minute timeout if camera is left alone after inserting battery. Also have tried 15second sync button hold to restart blue LED Blinking still times out 10seconds after reading QR Code. Other Pro 4 Camera re-added with no issues
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @DjTeaze

Are you still experiencing this issue with onboarding your camera? Have you removed the camera from Your Arlo app under Settings > My Devices?

DjTeaze
Guide
Guide
Thank you so much for your reply
Yes have removed cam about 20 which is approximately how many times it has failed to set up completely due to time out during Software Status check.
Very frustrating.
DjTeaze
Guide
Guide
YES still having problems
1 Camera Set Up after removing device and re-adding
BUT the other Camera is still timing out before being found
Note only flashes blue for about 10-12 seconds still
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DjTeaze,

Make sure the cameras battery is fully charged and attempt a factory reset. You can find instructions on how to do this here: How do I factory reset and re-sync my Arlo camera?

After the factory reset is complete, attempt onboarding again. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

tstr14
Guide
Guide

Similar issue: Have 3 cameras and over the past two weeks, they have steadily declined in activating. All 3 are on transformers, so it is not a battery issue and all 3 have activation turned up to 100%.  Today I drove my car past one of them several times, and walked in front of it several times and it didn't record anything.  Any suggestions???

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked your active mode? Are you using Armed or a custom mode? Try creating a new custom mode with appropriate settings to see if that works. A reboot of your hub, if used, may help as well as a reboot of the cameras if connected to WiFi.

tstr14
Guide
Guide

Mode is armed on all three cameras. Device Utilities/Motion Detection Test is set to 100% on all three.  There is no hub. Yesterday I was in the driveway for 20 minutes, where one of the cams is located, plus drove in and out of the garage twice and I live on a residential street with moderate traffic, but nothing was recorded. One of the back yard cams did record me at the shed  and clearing snow, neither of the two back yard cams recorded my dog going out, which is unusual. Will try restart / and remove / add and see if that helps.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@tstr14 wrote:

Mode is armed on all three cameras. Device Utilities/Motion Detection Test is set to 100% on all three.  

The motion test is just a test, it does not save it. You need to do that in your mode rules for each camera. 

DjTeaze
Guide
Guide
Affected cameras are all armed
Mode is set for recording motion at 100%
Cameras were all restarted
Issues still exists
Have now removed all affected cameras
3 of 4 set up after about a dozen attempts
But 4th times out during firmware status update process as it takes longer than the allowed 2 min camera timeout
(Post issue)
tstr14
Guide
Guide

I have done that. Since doing a factory reset this morning on the front cam, it seems to be working OK.  I am not looking forward to doing the reset on the other two cameras, given the snow and near zero temps, especially the one requiring a ladder to reach.

GW1234
Tutor
Tutor
I’m having the same problem since the latest firmware update. I removed and re-added the camera and it solved the problem for a short time. Now, if I reboot the camera, it works for a while then the notifications/recordings stop. It’s weird.
tstr14
Guide
Guide

That's not very comforting!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Back to the motion detection setting, do NOT use the motion test since that's just a test to get you a number to put into your modes and rules. Edit your modes and rules - each camera will have a motion detection setting that you can change. Be sure to save at every opportunity.

tstr14
Guide
Guide

Already did that.

tstr14
Guide
Guide

This will be my last post. Today, one of my camera's stopped working. I went through all the steps of trying to get it back up and running, including multiple resets/removals. The bottom line is the camera connects to the WiFi, but the app can't find it.  OK, anything can go bad, and I have no problem with that, but has anyone ever tried to get a hold of arlo customer service?  Here's some advice: don't bother. If you call, they will ask you for your order number. When you supply it, directly from your order form, the mechanical voice says: "I can't find that, goodbye" and disconnects you. No prompt to try and get a live body, just adios amigo! Chat is worse in that it keeps promising to send your info to an 'expert' but after several attempts and a half hour, "no expert" ever showed up and I gave up.  Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever encountered and that is saying something.

It will be interesting to see if arlo leaves this post up.

Good luck other owners!

DjTeaze
Guide
Guide
Well after 30 attempts last removed Pro4 Camera finally completed Set-Up without out timing out and is now Recording and Detecting Motion again.
Arlo this timing out issue needs to be fixed ASAP. Very bad reflection of your product and merry go round of repeated support solutions that don’t work.
tstr14
Guide
Guide

Arlo has no customer service.  They are totally useless.

tstr14
Guide
Guide

An update to what I hope is a resolved issue. Tried the chat again today.  Unlike yesterday, it actually connected me to a living body, Ella!  At least it did until Ella mysteriously disappeared.  Tried reconnecting again and this time got Syed. After he read the previous transcript and asked a few questions, he agreed the camera needed to be replaced and said he would make it happen.

So as it stands right now, I am waiting to hear back on when the camera is shipped and I assume they will want the old one returned. I will update this however it turns out.

As an aside, I tried all the reset processes multiple times, not only with one router, but with a second one as well, and yes, I did change the phone settings to switch when the router was changed, In half of the resets, I was sitting at my desk with both the phone and camera less than 3 feet from the router. No bueno. The camera connected to the app, but would not connect to the internet. The best piece of advice I can offer to those who find themselves in similar circumstances, is to persevere in your efforts to get help through the Chat option on the website.  

dpax_AU
Initiate
Initiate

We have the same issues, it started more frequently from around Dec 21..... We have removed the cameras, reset and re-activated them however they randomly detect motion, 1 camera in particular in a high traffic zone is not detecting anything. The modes are 100%, interesting they will manual record to the Arlo cloud so the subscription service is working. We're using our Wifi network and the signal is very strong at each location...

We've had no issues up until this point so the most recent firmware would be the issues. 

I'm out of ideas and the Arlo Bot support doesn't help at all, I'm out of ideas and losing patience with this company.

tstr14
Guide
Guide

While I await my replacement camera, a second camera in my system has stopped responding. It's currently 10 degrees (F) outside and this camera requires a step ladder to reach, so going through the reset process is a PITA. It's distance from my WiFi source is about 14 feet with a WiFi signal strength of over 90%.  I hate to say it, but I'm thinking of switching back to Blink.

Meekers_1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased the Arlo Pro 4 XL spotlight security bundle that includes three cameras and a smarthub on January 17, 2022. I am on the 3-month subscription trial. All components performed normally until Saturday morning, January 22, 2022. I attempted to add the Arlo app to my iPad. That is when two of my three cameras went offline.  I called tech support four different times between 11:52 am and 5:53 pm. I was a told my internet was too slow. My internet did not pass the speed test to accommodate my cameras and existing devices as told be their tech support person. I reset and added the camera probably a dozen times even after I upgraded my internet speed today. My first camera records to the Library, but my second camera still does not. The last tech support technician said that I have to remove some of my devices because my internet cannot support the camera’s functions, but it did all week. Fortunately, I did nothing to my third camera this morning. It works the same as before. I am 90% close to refunding the product. I am disappointed in the loop of tech woes that are not resolved. I spent too much money for the system not to function as advertised.

Meekers_1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wish you success. Do what you need to do for an operational system.

Meekers_1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am losing patience with them too.

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation