Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
XMart
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a functioning Arlo doorbell connected to my WiFi network, so I thought that the Pro4 camera would be easy to setup. I have wasted so much time and just want to bin it!

It has been added as a new device. I go through the setup, it reads the QR code and chimes. The app looks for the device, but never finds it- 'No cameras found'.

I know nothing about networks and assume that my doorbell is using a 2.4 GHz network?

My router is a BT home hub (UK) and I use a Linksys Velop mesh network.

I am using a Mac: Somona 14.6.1

I am loosing the will to live. This Arlo camera should be plug 'n play?

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in anticipation

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a camera reset to see if that helps. Also disable any VPN that may be in use.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062880/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera-Arlo-Secure-4-0

XMart
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks for your reply. Alas nada.

The device, unlike my doorbell, doest like my Llinksys Mesh network, which is a gateway device. I have changed my BT Router settings to 2.4GHz and it is running from this, which came as a shock. I will speak to Linksys UK next week.

XMart
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, but this didn't help. Whilst it works with my ISP"s (BT) router the coverage is inadequate. It will not connect with the Linksys Velop Mesh network, which is a recognised issue.

All I need to do is:

1. Disable 5GHz frequency, to make sure that your network is only 2.4GHz during first installation (After installation 5GHz can be re-enabled).
  2. Temporarily lower the security settings on the router rule out any firewall restrictions.
  3. Ensure ports 443, 123 and 80 are open on the router.
  4. Check the router security settings and firmware.
  5. Make sure that public address is IPv4 and not IPv6.
  6. Check if your router uses Wifi6, if YES try turning it off since it might cause issues with Arlo system. 
  7. Update DNS on the router to the standard Google DNS 8.8.8.8.
  8. Make sure that DHCP is enabled.
  9. Please turn off MAC filtering on the router.
  10. Arlo devices support only the Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (2WPA2) security protocol. WEP and WPA security protocols are not supported due to known security vulnerabilities. You can verify that in your router’s settings.
  11. Check if the set channel on your router is not too crowded - if yes, it should be switched for different one (1 / 6 / 11 channel they do not overlap each other and they should be the best ones). 

Although I m a basic home user, I have done most of this, to no avail. This is not plug and play. I think that I will look elsewhere and bin the device, being somewhat despondent.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the behavior you are seeing.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation