Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4Xl - Is the only way to fix these when they go offline is to be on site?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Shoregunner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I installed 6 new cameras at my home last weekend. Tweaked them until I had them working great. I left to go away 1 week later.  I am gone now and a small snow flurry came. Temp only dropped to 29 for a short time. All 6 of the cameras went offline, whether it was loss of power, weather, or internet interference.  They are still offline.

Do the cameras reset themselves? It's been offline all day and I do have power at the house now.  Is the only way to fix these when they go offline is to be on site? I travel frequently and sometimes for 3-4 weeks.  If I  go away and they go offline the 1st week I'm gone, do I have to wait 3 weeks till I get back to reset? 

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

BTW, you selected the wrong model number.  The VMC4030 is the Arlo Pro (an older 720p camera), not the Pro 4. There is a Pro 4 choice further down the list.  

@Shoregunner wrote:

Do the cameras reset themselves? 

They are supposed to reconnect, but several folks have reported similar issues (which means there is a bug).  If you are home now, I suggest removing/re-inserting the battery on one camera, and see if it reconnects. 

If it does, then do the others.  If it doesn't, then try the factory reset procedure. https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

Shoregunner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen

Sorry about the model goof

The cameras just came back on 5 min ago (out for appx 24hrs).  I was gonna head back down to the house to check it out later tonight and do the steps if not.  I'm glad they came back on, so somehow, they can reset themselves.  I'll go down to check them anyway. I travel overseas for the military frequently and the reason I installed the cameras was look after the house while I was gone. This is a good sign! Thanks again for the reply!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation