Arlo Pro 4 won't update?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
OogaR
Aspirant
Aspirant

According to the firmware chart there was an update on 9/7 for these cameras. When I go to update, my cameras are all on the previous firmware and it says no update available. All 3 of my cameras suffer from the pixelation issues as noted in another thread on this forum. 

I've waited quite literally months for this fix. Why can I not update?

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may depend on the country you're in. Updates tend to roll out slowly for various reasons.

OogaR
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm in the US. I've been extremely patient for this, but that's starting to wear thin. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Obviously, something is wrong. Waiting months really isn't a good strategy. Start by removing the camera from your account and add it back in. That should trigger the update.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Obviously, something is wrong. Waiting months really isn't a good strategy. Start by removing the camera from your account and add it back in. That should trigger the update.

If it doesn't, then contact support using the app.

OogaR
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have, multiple times. 

That's why I'm here. I don't know if the roll out of the firmware hasn't reached me yet, or if there is some sort of problem. Support yesterday wanted to argue with me about why my doorbell and cameras weren't recording and I never asked a single question about my doorbell, cameras recording, nor do I even care if they are recording currently. She then went on to tell me that there is no pixelation issues, even though there is a thread with about 15 people complaining about the same issue I have, and ShayneS directly addressing this issue as resolved in the newest firmware update which was available on the 7th. It was the most frustrating customer support experience of my life. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@OogaR wrote:

I don't know if the roll out of the firmware hasn't reached me yet, or if there is some sort of problem.

What country are you in?

OogaR
Aspirant
Aspirant

I said the US. 

OogaR
Aspirant
Aspirant

Waiting months was the only choice given when they were zero help and offered no solution to the problem.

I can show you chat transcripts, including uploaded pictures and videos of the problem. I can also show you speed tests with 2 different mesh systems and still zero solution and pixelation.

In the end, they continue to blame either my wifi or my internet. Low and behold, my Ring cameras continue to work fine, but just do not offer the same type of coverage on my property which is fairly large. That was the purpose of the Arlo purchase. 

And no, nothing triggers the update. I've been thru your solution multiple times. Thanks. In fact, the community manager has noted in another thread the pixelation issue is addressed in the current firmware. The tech support person told me last Friday that there is no update for pixelation issues. Lol. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@OogaR wrote:

I said the US. 

Maybe send @JamesC a private message (PM) using the envelope icon on the upper right of the forum page.  Ask if he can trigger the back end to update the firmware.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation