Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RedmondGal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem - I recently purchased an Arlo Pro 4 with their Premier Single Camera Smart Plan.  I set an activity zone for the camera, and also selected motion alerts for People only for Smart Notifications.  I receive People only Smart Notifications.  Arlo is continuing to save Vehicle motion alert videos to my library, although they are outside the specified activity zone.  Is there a way to stop this, or is it just how the Arlo software works?

2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

You can try deleting the zones and re add it. With smart you will still get the recordings for all "in"  your zone just not notifications for those that are off.  But outside the zone you should not have any recordings or notifications. 

RedmondGal
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have tried that. I also spoke with Arlo customer service. They suggested I reduce the size of the activity zone and also look at reducing motion sensitivity. It seems to me that these are workarounds for if the software isn’t appropriately able to look at the activity zone and limit motion detection recording to the library to within that zone. If that’s a limitation right now, I can work with it. Thanks for your input.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation