Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
darrinn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have recently added a Pro 4 camera to an existing two pro 2 camera system.  All appears OK until the Android app logs out (which it seems to do after a while).  When I log back in the base station is missing and the cameras show as offline. Trying to add the base station fails.  Performing a hard reset of the base station allows it to be found and I can then re-add the cameras.  This behaviour is repeatable.  A call to the Arlo helpdesk just got me to reset my account password and perform a base station reset, with the same results.

The base station is a VMB4500r2 and should be compatible with the pro 4.  The existing system has operated flawlessly for years and works fine when the Pro4 is not added. 

It appears this a compatibility issue.  Has any one else got a Pro 4 mixed with a pro2 system?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@darrinn wrote:

I have recently added a Pro 4 camera to an existing two pro 2 camera system.  All appears OK until the Android app logs out (which it seems to do after a while).  When I log back in the base station is missing and the cameras show as offline. Trying to add the base station fails.  Performing a hard reset of the base station allows it to be found and I can then re-add the cameras.  This behaviour is repeatable. 

Are you re-ordering the cameras in the app after you onboard?  There is a recent bug with that, that results in a missing base.  Arlo says they have now fixed it, but affected users need to do a factory reset and onboard again.  So you might try this one more time.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@darrinn wrote:

I have recently added a Pro 4 camera to an existing two pro 2 camera system.  All appears OK until the Android app logs out (which it seems to do after a while).  When I log back in the base station is missing and the cameras show as offline. Trying to add the base station fails.  Performing a hard reset of the base station allows it to be found and I can then re-add the cameras.  This behaviour is repeatable. 

Are you re-ordering the cameras in the app after you onboard?  There is a recent bug with that, that results in a missing base.  Arlo says they have now fixed it, but affected users need to do a factory reset and onboard again.  So you might try this one more time.

darrinn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Interesting. Since adding the third camera I did start reordering the cameras. Something I never did with just 2 cameras since they fit on the app devices screen with no scrolling required. 

Can I ask where you found out about this update and what version of sw has the fix? 

Many thanks for your help. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@darrinn wrote:

Can I ask where you found out about this update and what version of sw has the fix? 

@JamesC (Arlo Mod) announced it here yesterday.  The fix appears to be in the Arlo servers, not the app or firmware.

This was posted on several threads, for example

darrinn
Aspirant
Aspirant

All OK after a reset.  

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation