Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pedigal
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want an exterior camera that SCREWS INTO STUCCO, making it thief proof.  The customer service rep I talked to was absolutely no help.

I want to mount it over my entry door & ensure that the camera itself can't be removed from the base.  I'm not even sure the Pro 4 is the right camera if I can't get one that's thief proof.

The search is exhausting!  Can anyone make any recommendations?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@pedigal wrote:

I want an exterior camera that SCREWS INTO STUCCO, making it thief proof. 

There are two aspects to this - one of them about anti-theft, the other on mounting on stucco.

As far as theft protection goes,  all you can really do here is make theft somewhat more difficult.  Arlo sells a "total security mount" (VMA5100-10000S) that will fit your camera.  Reaction to that mount has been mixed, so you should check out the reviews at various on-line stores.   But since the Pro 4 camera uses a standard mounting thread, pretty much any third-party mount can be used with that camera.   Some of those include theft-deterrence features (often an anti-theft chain).  If the mount is specifically for Arlo cameras, then make sure it lists the Pro 3, Pro 4, or Ultra.

I've never dealt with stucco, but the answer there is that you'll need to drill the holes, and replace the screws that come with whatever mount you use with ones that are appropriate for stucco.  https://thestuccoguy.com/what-kind-of-screws-should-i-use-for-my-stucco-walls/

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation