Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 how I will know it's fully charged.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
IFM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought a Pro 4 bundle with smart hub, solar panel, etc.  The documentation says the batteries are shipped partially charged and I should fully charge them, so I inserted a battery into a camera, attached the charger and simply want to know how I will know it's fully charged.  I have several others to charge and want to be sure each is fully charged  before moving to the next.  NOWHERE IN THE 80+ PAGE MANUAL DOES IT TELL ME WHAT WILL INDICATE IT'S FULLY CHARGED.  I tried twice to use the support chat feature to ask this question, both before and after setting up an account, and both times received a rather disdainful automated message that said I wasn't entitled to support.  I am BEYOND FRUSTRATED that I cant get a simple answer to this basic question and am NOT at all impressed with Arlo support.  At this point I am seriously considering returning all this gear and searching for a company with better customer service.  That is, of course, unless someone in the Arlo Community (which, I presume, consists of [unpaid] Arlo customers that are trying to help each other in the face of the monumental disregard that Arlo has for it's consumers) can help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@IFM wrote:

I inserted a battery into a camera, attached the charger and simply want to know how I will know it's fully charged. 

The camera LED on the face of the camera should show solid blue when the battery is fully charged.

But in practice it's enough to charge the camera for an hour or so before on-boarding.  Then you'll see the battery indicator in the app.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@IFM wrote:

I inserted a battery into a camera, attached the charger and simply want to know how I will know it's fully charged. 

The camera LED on the face of the camera should show solid blue when the battery is fully charged.

But in practice it's enough to charge the camera for an hour or so before on-boarding.  Then you'll see the battery indicator in the app.

IFM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, StephenB!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation