Arlo Pro 4 does not record motion anymore… Please Help

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
MyFriend
Follower
Follower

My Arlo pro 4 camera system (from Best Buy) does not record motion.   When I bought my 3 camera system, I put up two cameras. The two cameras worked great and recorded motion day and night. I had the spotlight on the back camera and no spotlight on the front camera at night. I put up my third camera and everything worked great for about a week. Now my front door camera which was one of the original two quit recording motion but the camera still works and I can view what’s on the camera and reception/bandwidth is great. I reset the camera with the app and also by pushing the button on the camera.  I’ve unplugged my network and reset that as well and still nothing worked for my front camera.  My 3rd camera I put up still worked great and so did my back camera, but out of nowhere my back camera now has the same problem as my front camera. I finally took the two problem cameras down, took the batteries out and remove them from the system. I then reactivated them by pressing add camera button on apps like you would a new camera and scanned the QR code connected them back to my network. I did not put them back up immediately, I waited until they were connected and I wanted to make sure that the motion recording capabilities was working with the camera. I waited for couple minutes put my hand in front of the camera after they were connected to the network and all was good for all three cameras. So I thought problem was solved I put them back up and that night it recorded motion on all three cameras. I woke up this morning and only the back camera was working correctly.  The front camera and now my 3rd camera that I put up originally was now the new issue with no motion recorded. So, I suppose I will take them down and redo the process by removing them and adding them to the network as new cameras again. I don’t feel I want to be doing this much longer and I wonder with others having this issue with my research if there will be an update in the firmware fixing the issue.  

Thanks for listening and any help would be appreciated 

Frank  

13 REPLIES 13
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras will livestream, but are not recording?

If so, the first thing to check is the subscription status for the cameras.  A subscription is needed for cloud recordings.  On initial installation, you automatically get a three month trial subscription.  But when that lapses, you lose recordings (among other things).

Chelcm13
Initiate
Initiate
Struggling with the same problem and it's getting old... It'll even turn on the light like it's recording and I still see nothing.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked your subscription status (as I asked above)?

Also, if you have activity zones enabled, then that could explain the situation when the light comes on.  The activity zones are applied in the cloud.  The camera will stream video to the cloud whenever it detects motion (turning on the spotlight as necessary).  But if there is no motion in the zone, the cloud won't save the recording.

MorpheusOP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im having the same problem since 2/7/2022 and 1 out of 4 camera is actively recording to the cloud. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MorpheusOP wrote:

Im having the same problem since 2/7/2022 and 1 out of 4 camera is actively recording to the cloud. 

What is your subscription status?

beccasp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. 4 cameras and randomly most of them will just stop recording. All of my cameras subscriptions are active. I've restarted them, removed them and set them up as a new camera. I've tried everything.

I'm at my wits end and will be looking for a different product which is unbelievable because I've had these less than a year.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

beccasp,

Are you able to manually record when live streaming? Check the active mode to make sure the camera is armed.

JamesC

beccasp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I can manually record when live streaming. The camera is armed. I just went through again and took all of the batteries out for all of the cameras and added them as new devices and still only 1 of 4 cameras is recording in to the library. Even after manually recording for them.

BadRobot
Guide
Guide
Frank,
You have done everything you can on your end. How long have you possessed these Arlo Pro 4 cameras. If you can take them back and get your money this is your best solution. Unfortunately the Arlo Pro 4 cameras fail on a regular basis, had to go through the same exact nonsense yesterday 21 Feb 2022. Wished Arlo would make rebooting there Cameras easier. What amazes me is these are Arlo Pro 4, this means Arlo had 4 chances to get it right. Cameras will let you go live but wont detect motion. No motion detection, no recording. Sooo yes pulling the battery and going through the rebooting process with a sketchy QR code will get the camera talking to the Arlo server again, but for how long? Arlo needs to improve there APP and Cameras to reset without constantly pulling the cameras down. I am guessing this is why they are magnetic mounted. Good luck Frank
BadRobot
Guide
Guide
I agree with Stephen B. Check your subscription and make sure you are active. If your WIFI Bandwidth is adequate and provides a strong consistant signal, the Cameras are Faulty. If you do not have any issues with these Arlo Cameras inside the house, but Fail outside make sure your WIFI is binding with the cameras with a good to Strong signal. Test your cameras inside your house at least overnight to make sure they operate correctly before mounting them outside.
beccasp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exactly.  I've had these cameras for less than a year but unfortunately purchased them through Amazon so I don't believe I can return them considering it's been a few months now.

beccasp
Aspirant
Aspirant

All subscriptions are active and I have plenty of bandwidth. Two out of four cameras record semi-consistently but the other two simply don't function unless looking at them live.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@beccasp wrote:

All subscriptions are active and I have plenty of bandwidth. Two out of four cameras record semi-consistently but the other two simply don't function unless looking at them live.

How far are the cameras from the base (or router)?

Does swapping the cameras change the result (I'm wondering if the problem stays with the location or moves with the camera)?

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation