Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 battery lasts only a couple of days. Constant notifications even with them turned off.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mtwebster
Follower
Follower

I bought a kit with three cameras - one I set up as I wanted, works great, good (acceptable) battery life.

On another, the battery life is utterly useless.  I swapped batteries 2 days ago, I'm at 43%.

Suspecting it might be struggling with constant reconnecting with my network, I installed an additional access point that's within 10 feet of the camera - signal is great. No difference.

I've turned off all 'smart notifications' except people, yet I get constant notifications about motion and cars as well. I've tried dis- and re-enabling them, both in the iphone app and the web interface. Also, from my understanding, even with those disabled, the camera still records all of these occurrences - this is a busy spot, I don't want to record anything but people. I suppose this may be what's causing my issue - it's absurd to lack this reasonable amount of control.

I've tried completely resetting the camera to defaults and re-configuring it.

If I have to change the battery every few days this is useless to me.  I can completely accept getting somewhat less than the 'advertised' battery life, but not this..

I'd like to understand what 'average' use is? This is a useless device to me.  If I dump more money into this pit by buying a solar charger, will it be able to keep up?

Adding zones completely defeats its purpose for the location it's in, I want to observe  the entire field of view.

This is a complete waste of money.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mtwebster wrote:

Adding zones completely defeats its purpose for the location it's in, I want to observe  the entire field of view.

Zones don't change the field of view, so I am confused on this.

They will reduce notifications and recording, but won't help battery life.

@mtwebster wrote:

Also, from my understanding, even with those disabled, the camera still records all of these occurrences - this is a busy spot, I don't want to record anything but people. I suppose this may be what's causing my issue - it's absurd to lack this reasonable amount of control.

Unfortunately Arlo doesn't currently let you drop recordings based on classification. 

But if they did implement it as they've implemented activity zones, that won't help battery life either.

You could try reducing the motion sensitivity in the rules.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation