Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 and Wired Video Doorbell - What Lag is Expected? Mine is 4-5 seconds at best

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation
UncleLeoTheDad
Initiate
Initiate

Hi all!

I see that many others have struggled with lag on older products:

• Lag in time between when motion occurs in front of camera and when a notification is sent to iOS
  • Lag in time between when motion/sound occurs in front of the camera and when the iPhone hears it in the Arlo app

I am having the same problem with the Arlo Pro 4 and the Arlo Video doorbell on a NetGear Orbi mesh system.  I have very a pretty fast connection at the cameras: 127mbps down and 83mbps up.  I don't have any neighbors with competing SSIDs.  

I'm currently seeing delays of 4-5 seconds at best.  Last night it was much longer.  Has anyone been able to get these things to be more realtime during live feeds?  It somewhat defeats the purpose to have 2-way audio if the conversation is delayed this long, but it would be good to know if this is just a product limitation.  If so, I'd also be interested in whether competing products (Nest, etc) have similar performance.

Below, for your pleasure, is my back and forth with Arlo support chat, which unfortunately didn't identify any solutions that made an impact.  I also attached it in PDF form, if that's easier to read.

2020-12-08_11-49-51.png

1 REPLY 1
UncleLeoTheDad
Initiate
Initiate
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation