Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 XL night vision stopped working

Discussion stats
  • 33 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
trburkiz
Aspirant
Aspirant

My outside backyard and garage cameras night vision stopped working.  Inside camera works fine. If I go into the app and turn off night vision and turn back on then it works for the night but the next night it stops working again. The same thing happens if I reset the base.  I tried removing the batteries and cameras from the system and then re-syncing but that didnt work either.  I recently opted to record all footage locally using my Arlo base station and hard disk instead of using their subscription service.  Seems it was working fine before my subscription expired but not 100% sure that has anything to do with it. I bought these from costco and am just about to return them if I cant resolve this issue. 

33 REPLIES 33
trburkiz
Aspirant
Aspirant
If you mean when I view my cameras by hitting the play button then usually not. I have noticed the backyard night vision working intermittently. Both cameras worked for 2 days after I replaced with another set of xls. Tonight is second night with new pro4s.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The garage might be the best place to troubleshoot - in part because is it darker there, and in part because the spotlight is turned off.

trburkiz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok second night was last night and the backyard patio night vision still works. Garage did not. There are windows on the garage door and light from house across the street shines in. My doorbell sees that same light and had no issue with night vision. I will point the camera down more in the garage so the windows don’t appear in the feed to see if that helps.
trburkiz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok interesting finding using garage camera. Went black with night vision off but still provides sound. Put towel over camera and night vision still didn’t come on. Spot light would not turn on manually from app. In addition microphone and speakers not working. Once I turned cam off and back on again in app every thing started working. I don’t think we are dealing with light sense issue. I think it a connectivity issue. I’m thinking I swap out the hub. What did the logs tell us??
trburkiz
Aspirant
Aspirant
All cameras have full Wi-Fi strength except garage. Garage only camera currently behaving this way. Which only has 2 bars. Maybe buy a repeater instead of swap out hub? Garage is farthest away from router
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@trburkiz wrote:
Ok interesting finding using garage camera. Went black with night vision off but still provides sound. Put towel over camera and night vision still didn’t come on. Spot light would not turn on manually from app. In addition microphone and speakers not working. Once I turned cam off and back on again in app every thing started working. I don’t think we are dealing with light sense issue. I think it a connectivity issue. 

One of the mods will have to tell you about the logs - I don't work for Arlo, so I don't have any information on that.

It is possible that the camera is actually in NightVision mode, but that you aren't getting any video due to a connectivity issue. The easiest way to test that is to move the camera to a spot where signal isn't an issue - perhaps a closet inside the house.

trburkiz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Shane -Have u seen my recent posts about connectivity issue?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@trburkiz wrote:
Shane -Have u seen my recent posts about connectivity issue?

Tag using the @ - that will result in a notification.  @ShayneS 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this connectivity issue. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Discussion stats
  • 33 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation