Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 XL Battery Not showing charging (while on charger)

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
teacher-1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Case Description

2 Issues:

1. My ARLO Pro 4 XL camera battery is not showing that it has been charged. It does show a "charged amount" (55%) which is the same as when it was first unboxed. But after charging it overnight no change in charged amount.

2. I do not get a "charging" symbol when checking battery amount in the app (or any blue blinking light) while on the charger.  The app does not show my battery is being charged.

Help, thank you~

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
teacher-1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Greetings and thank you JamesC (Community Manager)....yes, you are correct. It was a battery connection issue. I re-read all the on-line installation + charging documents. After carefully cleaning all the contacts, plugging the charger into a different wall socket, taking the camera/battery out of the housing and re-inserting them I noticed I was to careful when putting it all back together. I was afraid to push too hard when reinserting the camera/battery pack into the housing and never heard the final "click" confirming all is properly in place. Once I pushed harder on the camera to get it into the housing I got the blue flashing light and after attaching the charger.....the charging symbol showed up. Lesson learned! Listen for the closing "click". 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

teacher-1,

From the symptoms you describe, it sounds like the magnetic charger isn't making good contact. Be sure the connector is clean and securely attached to the magnetic charging port on the camera. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

teacher-1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Greetings and thank you JamesC (Community Manager)....yes, you are correct. It was a battery connection issue. I re-read all the on-line installation + charging documents. After carefully cleaning all the contacts, plugging the charger into a different wall socket, taking the camera/battery out of the housing and re-inserting them I noticed I was to careful when putting it all back together. I was afraid to push too hard when reinserting the camera/battery pack into the housing and never heard the final "click" confirming all is properly in place. Once I pushed harder on the camera to get it into the housing I got the blue flashing light and after attaching the charger.....the charging symbol showed up. Lesson learned! Listen for the closing "click". 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation