Arlo Pro 4 Video Pulsing in and out of focus

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Daver11111
Guide
Guide

I have 2 arlo Pro 4 cameras and have noticed that the video is pulsing in and out of focus.  I am not sure what is causing it, no settings that i change have made any impact on this occurrence but it makes the videos extremely poor quality.  All cameras do it, my internet is is fine, my wireless network is fine, seems to happen on a rhythmic pulse.     I still have this problem as reported already but saw no solutions. ??

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not focus (all Arlo cameras are fixed-focus) but there have been a number of complaints about cameras pixelating about every 2 seconds. Do a search here to see if any of the threads have useful information.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Daver11111 wrote:

I have 2 arlo Pro 4 cameras and have noticed that the video is pulsing in and out of focus. 

It looks like that, but it's actually a problem with the bit rate regulation in the cameras.  Arlo has developed a fix, you'll need to wait for it to be pushed out in a firmware update.

Daver11111
Guide
Guide

Ok.. Thanks.  I thought they would have it fixed by now.  Its annoying when viewing my library videos and things are going in and out of focus.  Looks like camera is trying to zoom in and out on its own.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Daver11111 wrote:

Ok.. Thanks.  I thought they would have it fixed by now. 

They actually did roll out a fix, but something else in the firmware update resulted in serious issues - so Arlo pulled it back.

@Daver11111 wrote:

Looks like camera is trying to zoom in and out on its own.  

It blurs out whenever the camera sends an I-frame - which normally it does every two seconds.  The camera focus and zoom is not changing. 

The I-frame requires a lot more bits than the other frame types.  The compression settings aren't allowing enough bits to maintain the quality, so the picture blurs out on every I-Frame.  It then builds back the quality until the next I-Frame, and of course blurs out again.

Daver11111
Guide
Guide

It also does it in the live view for both of my Arlo Pro 4 cameras and also my Arlo wired video doorbell.  And, when reviewing video's from my library.  And also when I zoom in or out with the slider.   WIll wait on update.....   

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation