Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
yianni
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently bought an Arlo Pro 4 camera to replace a Pro 2 due to wanting better night vision. 

The camera is plugged in with an Arlo 25' outdoor cable, connected directly to wifi. The spotlight on the camera will not come on when plugged in. It works fine if I disconnect from power. 

I need to keep this camera plugged in. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yianni
Aspirant
Aspirant

To wrap this thread up I found a solution. I don't know exactly how I stumbled upon it but it worked. 

I had 2 Arlo Pro 4's with the same problem. I disconnected the power cord for 30 seconds then reattached power. I then went into the camera settings and toggled the spotlight switch on and off and voila! The light came on with power attached. It worked on both cameras.

Thank you to Arlo for all the support.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing and reconnecting the camera in the app to see if that helps.

yianni
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll do that today and will have to wait until dark to see if it worked.

Thanks!

yianni
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well no luck removing and re onboarding the Pro 4. Still won't work when plugged in.

I've figured out a lot of Arlo problems and glitches over the years thanks to this forum. I've always been able to find an answer. I couldn't find anyone with a similar issue so I decided to post.

I tried with customer service but they just didn't get it. They kept treating my Pro 4 Spotlight issue as a Pro 3 Floodlight issue. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have the original short cable?  If so, try that. The only thing I can think of is that the long cable is causing an issue ( for some reason ) .

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
yianni
Aspirant
Aspirant

I used the short supplied cable with the initial installation. That didn't work so I had the thought it needed the heavier duty outdoor cable. That didn't work either, just lightened my wallet.

Good thought though.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try resetting the camera using the button inside as directed by the FAQ here but if that doesn't help, swap at the store or use the Contact Support link at the bottom here for a hardware problem.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've tested this and forwarded these details to the development team and was not able to reproduce the issue. I encourage you to continue working with the support team to find a resolution.

JamesC

yianni
Aspirant
Aspirant

To wrap this thread up I found a solution. I don't know exactly how I stumbled upon it but it worked. 

I had 2 Arlo Pro 4's with the same problem. I disconnected the power cord for 30 seconds then reattached power. I then went into the camera settings and toggled the spotlight switch on and off and voila! The light came on with power attached. It worked on both cameras.

Thank you to Arlo for all the support.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Great! We've seen a few other cases where toggling the setting has resolved the issue, too.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation