Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 It randomly stops recording.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Keith01872
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I've had so many issues with arlo Pro 4. It randomly stops recording, arlo, when they were replying said its down to Internet issues. I have checked that, most definitely isnt that. Since then they basically stopped replying to any issues I've had. So far I've had two cars smashed up, unable to help in a murder investigation and several others due to lack of camera actually recording movement outside. Just as I'm writing this the camera should be recording vehicles going up and down but it isn't. Can anyone find contact details for any managers or higher up as this is just crazy.

23 REPLIES 23
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Keith01872,

How far away is the activity you're trying to capture? The camera PIR has a maximum detection range of about 25 feet. While the camera may occasionally capture motion beyond that threshold, it will very likely be inconsistent.

JamesC

Keith01872
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not that far. At most 15ft... this seems to just keep randomly happening, arlo blamed it on the Internet but it certainly isn't that. The camera has its own network and plenty of reception. Arlo now have just stopped replying to support messages. It's not exactly the cheapest camera and their support is just awful

GrillCheese
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue. The LED Light never comes on after it had been working just fine. Had a murder two houses down, detectives asked about camera, not working. Very disappointing because I’ve only owned it less than 60 days and Customer Support won’t help. Hopefully, someone will give info on who to contact.

Keith01872
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep exactly had that issue as well. A murder, 2 of our cars totalled and numerous other things that shouldve been picked up that hasnt been. Pretty much tried everything to get hold of them. Even had to try tracking down the ceo on twitter and still nothing from arlo. Apparently little to no customer service is what you want from a security camera company 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Keith01872,

I'll take a look at your support ticket and request a status update. 

JamesC

Keith01872
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. You should find several on there that have never been responded to. Today was the final straw so I've emailed every possible email I could find in hope that someone somewhere decides to reply. 

Keith01872
Aspirant
Aspirant

Once again total silence from arlo. Not surprised. The problem has resolved itself until the next time

Keith01872
Aspirant
Aspirant

And it didn't take long. 11 hours over night with it not working! Well done arlo doing really well in your customer service!

Keith01872
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC 

Still heard nothing back from yourself or any member of arlo so guessing you have joined them in not replying anymore??? Once again a other incident outside my house. Police called, asked to see cctv and a vanishing missing hour! The police have basically said no point having the camera as it doesn't pick any incidents up!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the delay. I've escalated a new ticket regarding your previously opened support case and have request that an agent reach out to you to assist further.

Thank you,

JamesC

Keith01872
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's getting a bit ridiculous! I'd like a manager or higher to contact me ASAP please. Sick of begging arlo for basic customer support

Keith01872
Aspirant
Aspirant

Who ever looks at this post, if you.havent all ready brought an arlo camera, DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!  ARLO will continue to blame the Internet and any other excuse for their shocking customer service and massive failings on recordings. As you can see I've been having issues. Arlo have failed to deal with them. They've blamed the Internet for the latest issue and again its lies. I've had my car damaged yet again and the camera has a 7 hour blackout. Despite me being out there trying to deal with it at the time. No excuses arlo... just admit your cameras are **bleep**!

Keith01872
Aspirant
Aspirant

And yet again its stopped recording! @JamesC  I will be persistent until everyone gets the message about arlo!

Keith01872
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera hasn't recorded a single clip in 3 hours! The light comes on, I have battery( mains plug cable) Internet is absolutely fine and cars and people walking right past the camera. Not really any excuses apart from shocking product. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Keith01872,

I've escalated your case again. An agent within your region will contact you with a status update shortly.

JamesC

Keith01872
Aspirant
Aspirant

So arli sent me a new camera. Worked for 3 days then the exact same thing happened yet again. Got through to the customer service and they decided to cut me off mid conversation. Not surprised at all as I was asking for a full refund

Keith01872
Aspirant
Aspirant

I find myself once again chasing arlo for support or at least a response would be good. Many support requests, both via the app or website and yet again arlo just don't respond. The latest, best part of 24 hours missing on two separate occasions. Again arlo don't respond to me and I'm sure once I eventually get a response they'll blame the Internet! 

Keith01872
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC .

Once again I've got to turn to this. More major issues with f all response from arlo. Best part of 2 days missing. This just isn't good enough and no one ever replies! Can you at least reply with a managers contact details???

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Keith011872,

Your concerns have been escalated. An agent local to your region will be reaching out to you to follow up.

JamesC

Keith01872
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. Sick and tired of trying to raise support tickets and no one answers. It needs to be sorted. 2 days worth of recordings missing is just not good enough

Keith01872
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC 

Sorry to pester you yet again but again arlo haven't responded to various support requests. Again the camera isn't recording for long periods of time! They're blaming the Internet channel. They've basically left me to play with router settings yet with Vodafone you can't change the WiFi channel and now I've got zero replies yet again about how I fix this. The last recording I have is from 6am this morning! This just simply isn't good enough! Arlo should be ashamed of the way they treat people! I've asked repeatedly for a manager to contact me or for the official complaints procedure and again nothing

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Keith01872,

Your ticket has been escalated and we've requested a status update from the care team in your region. An agent should be reaching out to you with more information as soon as possible.

JamesC

Keith01872
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC 

Yet again this bloody camera decided to stop working. 2 whole days of no recordings. It isn't the Internet, I've done a fresh install, I've uninstalled and installed the app and yet again nothing! It worked for half a day and yet again nothing since 6pm. It's now 23.20. I've also tried contacting arlo several times with support about this with not so much as even an acknowledgement from arlo, I've even messaged the ceo on twitter and nothing. Arlos Facebook responded to my father and told me to contact again, so I did and nothing! PEOPLE WHO READ THIS DO NOT BUY THESE. THEYRE USLESS

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation