Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 Hard Reset Problem

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Jmillie
Follower
Follower
Has anyone with Arlo Pro 4 had the problem of the 15 second factory reset not working? These cameras have been very frustrating and not very user friendly. It took me way too much time to find out how to get the code from the app to scan. (Microwave generation) Now this camera is just acting busted. Please help! How do I reset a camera that won’t respond to the 15 second factory reset?
6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jmillie wrote:
Please help! How do I reset a camera that won’t respond to the 15 second factory reset?

Try removing the battery for a bit, then reinsert it and do the reset again.

SKilmar23
Initiate
Initiate

I cannot get my camera to do a factory reset.  I’ve held the sync button down and everything.  It just keeps blinking blue.  The reason I’m trying to reset it is because it will not chime when I add to the app.  Help!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SKilmar23 wrote:

I cannot get my camera to do a factory reset.  I’ve held the sync button down and everything. 

How long have you held it down?  Please also let us know what camera you have.

JattM
Guide
Guide

I also cannot get my brand new Arlo Pro 4 to reset.  I synched it with my router, then tried adding a new VMB4540 base station.  I removed the Pro 4 from the app and tried to synch it with the base station to no avail.  They never synched.  I tried resetting the camera several times.  They still wouldn't synch.  Now the camera will no longer reset.  How long should I leave the battery out of the camera before I try again?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JattM,

Try plugging the camera in using a charging cable, allow it to charge for a short period of time and attempt another factory reset. After the reset is finished, attempt onboarding again. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

JattM
Guide
Guide
I ended up returning the first Pro 4 camera and exchanging it for a new one (having Amazon Prime sometimes pays off). The new one synched with my base station on the first try.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation