Arlo Pro 4 HELP!! 2 second recordings

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Dunny2000
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey y’all! I could REALLY use some help! I have a Arlo pro 4 that i have hard wired with the 25 foot cable (yes the Arlo branded cable) and a Arlo wireless doorbell. I do NOT have a base station, the cameras are both within 15 ft of router getting at least 150MBPS speeds, very little traffic on network. This is my second camera because the first one just would always disconnect and would need to be reset to get it back on my app and working properly. My current camera is having so many issues, very long wait times to see a live view, no audio when attempting to speak through it, but the WORST issue is the extremely short videos. (Camera is set up outside with no obstruction) no matter the settings the camera will NOT record for more then 3 seconds, I’ve went into modes and created my own with these settings
Motion sensitivity at 100
When only motion is detected
Record video
Set video record time for 75 seconds

The actual setting of the camera are “best video quality”
Motion sensitivity to 100
Activity zone to 100% of the camera view !
I’ve tried “record until activity stops” and walked in circles around the camera and NOTHING more then a 2 second video !

Please help me! I have no clue how to fix this camera, and this being my second one I’m not sure If I’m just un lucky or if I’m just plain doing something wrong!
I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this and respond! Have a beautiful day!
13 REPLIES 13
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you make a longer manual recording (while live streaming the camera)?

Dunny2000
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello! So today for about 1 hour the camera worked properly and recorded each time for 75 seconds. Only lasted for a hour though that it worked properly. I’ve completely removed and master reset the cameras and added them back and no resolution. I’ve also now noticed that when one camera only records for a few seconds no matter the situation both of them are acting that way (the doorbell also) so it’s not only the outdoor camera.
I attempted the manual recording and it let me record for 30 seconds but none of that footage showed up in the library. I’ve also noticed when the camera records properly about half way through the video the sound goes away. So now I’m not sure if it’s the actual cameras or possibly the software…..

In the picture i included you can see the camera go from recording properly to only going back to a few seconds. At no point were any settings changed
BC2FBAC1-A035-4A41-8320-21A4C7B7A67E.png
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm thinking you should try contacting Arlo support using the options in the app.  Since you have a subscription, phone support should be listed there as an option.

The manual recording should certainly be in your library.  That might be worth trying again.

Also,

• are you simply using the armed mode?  Or are your cameras set up to use a schedule and/or geofencing?
  • do you have activity zones enabled?

Dunny2000
Aspirant
Aspirant
For the doorbell i have it as simply armed. And for the outdoor i have a custom mode enabled that has set recording time for 75 seconds. Yes i have the activity zones enabled to 100% of the camera view.
4682B591-C9E6-40EA-9E08-155E65282F5A.png
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dunny2000 wrote:
Yes i have the activity zones enabled to 100% of the camera view.

Try deleting the activity zones instead.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

RossseSWE
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, have you found any solution to the problem?

I have the same problem with a new system with 5 Arlo pro 4.

I have an ongoing process with arlo support, but they have a hard time figure out the issue.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@RossseSWE

Do you have a case number I can review?

Thanks 

RossseSWE
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, case number is #00445887

Thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

That appears to be a ghost transcript via chat, do you have the case number with further details of the conversation? I do not see any new cases present for this year. 

RossseSWE
Aspirant
Aspirant

I dont know how to find any other case number.

This is what i got:

Thank you for contacting Arlo Support. Your new case number is # 00445887 which you can use to follow the process with your request.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@RossseSWE

I don't see an active conversation in the case provided, what was detailed within this support case? What troubleshooting steps have you and the support team performed?

Thanks 

RossseSWE
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have tested the following:

Reset all cameras and reconnect them.

Set all cameras to record 20 seconds of motion. But they still end after 2-8 seconds.

We have tried to create a new mode to ensure that the error is not there.

We have tried to start a live view and then click on record for 20 seconds. The recorded movie will only be 2-8 seconds anyway.

Now they have sent the case to someone who will check if there is something wrong with my account, but have not heard anything in a week now.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation